Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS - CAI / 11 July / KLM 747

Hi,
    I'm Karim Noaman and I'm 15 years old, and I'm from Holland and I'm new on this forum.
    This is also my first trip report. I was flying alone for the first time. I live in Holland but i'm half Egyptian so this trip was to see my family in Alexandria. Before my trip I haven't seen my family for 3 years and my last flight was also 3 years ago.
    My English is maybe not so good but this is my first time to writhe a story in English.

INFO:

Flight: KLM - KL553 AMS - CAI
    DATE/TIME : 11 July 2007 Boarding time: 20.20 / Scheduled DT: 20.45/ Actual DT: 21.15 (delay: 30 min.)
    Scheduled AT : 12 July - 2.15/ Actual AT: 02.00
    Plane: KLM 747-400M (combi) PH-BFI City of Jakarta.
    Gate: E17
    Seat: 43K (window)
    Arrival Terminal at CAI : Terminal 1 with bus to Arrival Hall

It's 11 July, the day that I gonna Fly again and see my family again! I was so happy! It was also my first time alone.
    At 10 July, I've check-in for myself on the klm site with the online check-in service, so no long line at the airport. It was easy and fast in 2 minutes my boarding-pass rolled out mine printer with my prefer seat.(43K).

Day of Departure! At 15.00 we leave home to go to the airport. So after 1,5 hrs in the car to Schiphol my father parked the car in the parking garage on the Airport. its 16.30 so we have the time. After the fast "baggage Drop-off" at a KLM Counter we go to the spotter place on the roof to see some planes. here are some photos:

After that we did go to a store to buy some cigars and chocolate for my uncle and walked to the passport control. So I said goodbye to my father,sister, little twin brothers and my stepmother.
    The passport control on Schiphol is fast. I've wait 10 min. (and also 10 min. at my arrival.)

I had enough time to go to some shops but I walked fast to the gate because I was exited to see my plane!
    After a few phone calls with my father and mother I turned my Ipod on and relaxed at the gate. After the boarding call everybody waits in a line for the security, because the security is just before you can enter the jetbridge. so
    (waiting area -> Security -> waiting area with the door of the jetbridge for boarding the plane.)

The boarding was a little bit messy and we had a delay of 30 min. because some passengers were to late and their baggage was being unloaded.

This is the updated KLM 747-400 with the new World Business Class,LCD screens in
    Economy Class, new curtains and new bright,modern withe LED lights that gives you a specious feeling.

The stewardess in my section of the plane was nice and very friendly.
    After take-off the service began. Menu: Pasta - Fish - Chicken. I've chosen fish and it was very good.
    The purser and the stewardess complaint because they said that KLM load not enough Cola in the plane.There was BBC news on the monitors and after that the started the film.

After the coffee/tea service above Austria, a friendly man next to me started talk to me and we talked the rest of the flight. Also with out a PTV the time was going fast.(with thanks to the man) He helped me with the immigration form so that was nice.

Our decent begun and above the city Tanta in Egypt the seatbelt sign was on. After a very,very smooth landing we taxied to the platform and a bus bring us to the Arrival Hall of terminal 1. The man helped me again with the Visa on the airport, But he was the first in the line and I was waiting on my visa. He was done but I wasn't not so, I couldn't say bye or thanks or something.

Ok Cairo Airport Sux! It's nice,modern and clean but it's chaotic at the passport control and they don't speak English and the are very rude!! So I wait for 2 hours to stamp my passport and the told me that I didn't need a visa because I'm half Egyptian and I had papers of my Egyptian birth certificate and a copy of my fathers passport.My bag were not on the conveyor belt any more because they need the belt for an another flight. I walked though the declaration and then I was searching for my uncle and cousins in the meeter's hall. I was so happy! I was back in Egypt! After a 3.5 hours ride to Alexandria I saw my aunt again and my room were I slept for 2.5 week.

Pics from Egypt:

Conclusion:

KLM is still good and excellent with ticketing and check-in The service is not as good as a few years ago.The food was better than my last KLM flight.
    The plane was nice,clean and in a good condition.Shame that they don't fit the 747's with PTV, but that's because of the weight.

Schiphol is still nice,clean,fast and easy.

Cairo airport: Too crowded, workers are not very helpfully and they don't speak English. but terminal 1 was modern and clean. (I can't wait to see the new Terminal 3 next year!)
    Last edited by Knoaman; 1 January 2008, 01:01 AM.

Thanks for sharing , and welcome to SQtalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for the trip report, Knoaman - you took some really nice pictures! I look forward to more.

Comment

It's been a long time since i saw those blue bodies across the tarmac...

great pics!!

Comment

Thanks. I will post my Arrival Trip later . EDIT: I've add some photos.

Happy New Year!!
            Last edited by Knoaman; 1 January 2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Great report thanks for sharing.

Comment

Your trip report is very blue. Blue skies, blue airport, blue planes, blue stripes on planes, blue covers, blue vans, blue trolleys, blue seats, blue logo, blue sea, the man in a blue shirt, blue window shutters in CAI, blue umbrella ... very smurfie(http://www.smurf.com/home-en).

Wonderful pictures. Thanks.

Note to self: must visit CAI sometime too.
                Last edited by phaleesy; 1 January 2008, 09:29 AM. Reason: Just realised the blue reminds me of Smurfs!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, and cheers for sharing. Those are some lovely pics of Egypt.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

lovely report karim & nice pictures! lovely ...
                    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
                    X