Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong terminal, fog, lost luggage: jhm's guide on how not to start a trip

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    I've just dumped jhm outside one of the terminals in LHR this morning. Hopefully it was the right one. It was too dark and crowded to make out if it was T3. So he would not be on-line for at least another 12 hours.
    LH is from T2 right? Last night jhm posted his itinerary for his Christmas and New Year's trip.
    Or is there any trick to go from T3 to T2 without going through the tunnel?

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Work all finished (at last!), I have 4 hours before leaving for the airport and finally, my holiday starts! Over 10 days:

LHR-FRA-NGO - LH C
    NGO-SIN-CMB - SQ C (my first SQ since last Dec!)
    CMB-BKK - TG C
    BKK-HKG - CX J
    HKG-SIN-HKG - SQ C
    HKG-FRA - CX J
    FRA-LHR - BA J

I just finished booking my hotels tonight (including using SPG PLT to get a room on NYE in HKG) and will have 7 SPG stays - Westin Nagoya Castle (x2), St Regis Singapore (x2), Sheraton HK (x2) and LM Cyberport HK - and 2 Hilton stays - Nagoya and Colombo.

Happy travels, everyone! (Now, to pack and get some sleep...)

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    LH is from T2 right? Last night jhm posted his itinerary for his Christmas and New Year's trip.
    Or is there any trick to go from T3 to T2 without going through the tunnel?
    I did drop him off at the wrong terminal then!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      I did drop him off at the wrong terminal then!

Would love to hear the rant from jhm...
      Just hope he has enough time connecting in FRA.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

Would love to hear the rant from jhm...
        Just hope he has enough time connecting in FRA.
        Grrrrrr... Wrong terminal at LHR!

I just checked into the Westin here in NGO.

Fog at LHR, flight delayed and too late for my connection but fog at FRA so flights there delayed as well.

Having taken BA a few times to FRA, it was definitely an unusual experience to try the opposition. I have to admit that LH seemed better on most counts!

I arrived in NGO and my luggage is lost - the next LH flight only arrives on Thursday (when I'd have left here). I've left my itinerary with them so they can make sure my luggage catches up with me. LH only offered JPY 10,000 (about £40 ?) as instant compensation! Luckily, I have an Amex Plat and a BA Amex PP card so I'm going to read what I'm entitled to (from memory, it's more than a thousand quid of shopping for all this delay ? ).

Comment

Fog at LHR, flight delayed and too late for my connection but fog at FRA so flights there delayed as well.
          Oh no. I hope my flight today isn't overly affected.
          Having taken BA a few times to FRA, it was definitely an unusual experience to try the opposition. I have to admit that LH seemed better on most counts!
          When I have business meetings in FRA, I always take LH over BA. For some reason, LH seems to be prioritized at FRA, whereas BA seems to be de-prioritized at LHR. The difference in ontime arrival at the stand at LHR is, to me, striking.
          Luckily, I have an Amex Plat and a BA Amex PP card so I'm going to read what I'm entitled to (from memory, it's more than a thousand quid of shopping for all this delay ? ).
          Good luck with the luggage, jhm; I hope it catches up with you. In the meantime, happy shopping!
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh gosh! Hope it all works out for you !

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Good luck with the luggage, jhm; ...
              According to LH webiste:

Baggage tracing online

About the progress in finding your lost baggage you may inform yourself through our baggage tracing. To use it you need your document number (see above).

Please check again whether the entries are correct, especially your name and address as well as the description of your baggage. Please report wrong entries immediately. The respective address you will receive online after the login to the baggage tracing.
              Lufthansa baggage tracing online

http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_en.htm

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Good luck with the luggage, jhm; I hope it catches up with you. In the meantime, happy shopping!
                Whiff; what's that smell? Kidding.
                Best of luck and sorry to hear of your situation, jhm.

Comment

Working...
                X