Immigration setup at HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration setup at HKG

My brother and I will arrive at the same time, but on different (CX ) flights: his from SIN, mine from LHR. Will we be funneled to the same immigration checkpoint, so that each can wait for the other before joining the line? Given the reports about the queues at immigration, I'd like at least to have someone to chat with as the line snakes to an officer.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 23 December 2007, 11:47 PM. Reason: clarification
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

I believe you will. As far as I know, there is only 1 very large arrival immigration checkpoint at HKIA. Hopefully someone else can confirm this as well.
    Last edited by UMD; 24 December 2007, 04:59 AM.

Comment

There are two actually - one to the left and one to the right. I think it is safer to meet each other just after the body temperature checkpoint at the end of the walk from the gates.

Comment

Any one familar with the HKG airport who can advise me if the Transfer E1 area accessible when flights land at that airport?

Will need to go there to collect my TurboJet Membership cards.

Thanks.

Comment

it connects, although u might have to walk for about 20 minutes if your flight lands at the wrong side of the terminal
          zxcvbn

Comment

honestly, will not advice you to meet before immigration as after immigration, you will have to split up to go collage your baggage. (if your baggage is belt 1 and you are in the west hall, good luck to you) however, as the exit point are more or less centralized, i would suggest you meet there.

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
              honestly, will not advice you to meet before immigration as after immigration, you will have to split up to go collage your baggage. (if your baggage is belt 1 and you are in the west hall, good luck to you) however, as the exit point are more or less centralized, i would suggest you meet there.
              actually, iirc there are 14 baggage reclaim belts, and 2 customs exit. if one flight's assigned to belt 1 and the other assigned to belt 14, u two will exit from customs A and B respectively.
              zxcvbn

Comment

We didn't have checked luggage, so we StarG's suggestion (thanks, StarG ) worked out very well for us.

(Different story heading back: damn HK shopping. )
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  We didn't have checked luggage, so we StarG's suggestion (thanks, StarG ) worked out very well for us.

(Different story heading back: damn HK shopping. )
                  since both of u would be flying CX (i assume from ** arrival flight), the check in is at the same place, and u could go through the same immigration/security checkpoint and split up when u board for the flight.

i suggest to visit T2 for shopping, more interesting imo.
                  only available before immigration tho, no boarding gates there.
                  zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                    since both of u would be flying CX (i assume from ** arrival flight), the check in is at the same place, and u could go through the same immigration/security checkpoint and split up when u board for the flight.

i suggest to visit T2 for shopping, more interesting imo.
                    only available before immigration tho, no boarding gates there.
                    in addition of T2, I do suggest the Citygate mall in Tung Chung, which is 10mins by bus/taxi from the airport. It is now branded as an outlet mall and nice bargain could be found. (it named itself as "outlet" but it actually does not hv an outlet feel, rather like a normal shopping mall) quite a good place to kill time if u hv a long layover in HKG, as goods at airport r juz too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X