The Magic of X'mas Day on SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic of X'mas Day on SQ

Leaving aside the doom and gloom on here of recent days with KF/PPS changes, broken hearts and airline FFP infidelity and copying a thread started by AJ on the Jolly Green Giant board on FT:

I will be flying SQ F HKG-SIN on X'mas Day. Can I expect anythiing festive ? WIll the SQ girls walk around dressed up with Santa Claus hats ? SQ Snoopy toys for everyone ? Snow and holly branches around the cabin ? A glass of mulled wine and a hot mince pie in my enhanced super duper Skysuite ?

(I'll also be flying that day in KA F and AY J - bonus points (which means ... prizes!) to the airline which does do something!)

What on earth are you doing flying and being away from your family on Christmas day?

You should be online on SQTalk........

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
      You should be online on SQTalk........
      There'll be plenty of opportunities to do that over the X'mas period in various airport lounges!

Comment

I wonder if the SQ girls walk around with a mistletoe hanging over their heads.

Comment

That's a good one!
          Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
            I am sure those which do that (if any) are those which you wish don't do that!

Comment

I have flown LHR-JNB on BA leaving on christmas eve and arriving on christmas day. We did get a traditional christmas meal as one of our meal choices and most of the FAs were wearing tinsel or a santa hat. But by the end onf a 10 hour flight I don't think anyone was in a particularly festive mood.

Welcome to the being away from home for christmas club. Although I have to say your christmas day plans sound a lot more exciting than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                Welcome to the being away from home for christmas club.
                Actually, I'm requalifying this year! Last year, I arrived in Beijing on Christmas Eve and as I didn't stay in an international hotel, it was just business as usual and no reminders of Christmas at all. And I counted in the seconds to 2006 in a bar in Zhongdian, Yunnan with a few other people in almost near silence!!!

Comment

I've flown SQ around the Christmas/New Year's holidays for each of the past three years, and I'm booked again for this year. All of my long-haul flights, and IIRC the short-hauls too, had the cabins decked out with tufts of evergreens with holiday bows and such trimmed on every sixth or so panel between the windows in the passenger cabin, with some more at the front of the cabin too where the big old screens used to be. I have an image in my mind of an Singapore Boy or Girl with some holiday something on, maybe a santa hat or the like, though it was probably only briefly and in jest. The boarding, takeoff, and landing music might even have had some Christmas tunes playing. The holiday trimming lasts for a good bit of December and into January. I thought it was a really nice touch.

I've never actually ridden SQ on Christmas itself, so can't comment on the special menu question. Last year, Mr. Megatop and I rode the Nozomi Shinkansen Tokyo-Kyoto and back for a day tour walking around Kyoto. Nothing special on the train, but Kyoto was beautiful and the station there had a massive Christmas tree and tons of lovebirds just watching the scene and snuggling (Christmas in Japan was a bit like Valentine's Day in the West). This year, we will be on a horrid old TG B747-300 flying PEK-BKK. Blech!

Comment

Have not done flying on X-mas day before. But another VVFF had given me a menu he took for X-mas. Yes, a special menu cover, as well as special menu entre or dessert at least.
                    Right now I am on SQ1D (D as delayed ) and the cabin has been decorated with X-mas wreath (red, green and gold).

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover
                      I've flown SQ around the Christmas/New Year's holidays for each of the past three years, and I'm booked again for this year. All of my long-haul flights, and IIRC the short-hauls too, had the cabins decked out with tufts of evergreens with holiday bows and such trimmed on every sixth or so panel between the windows in the passenger cabin, with some more at the front of the cabin too where the big old screens used to be.
                      Like this: http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/0745152/L/

Originally posted by MegatopLover
                      I have an image in my mind of an Singapore...Girl with some holiday something on, maybe a santa hat or the like...
                      Yes. I like!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Leaving aside the doom and gloom on here of recent days with KF/PPS changes, broken hearts and airline FFP infidelity and copying a thread started by AJ on the Jolly Green Giant board on FT:

I will be flying SQ F HKG-SIN on X'mas Day. Can I expect anythiing festive ? WIll the SQ girls walk around dressed up with Santa Claus hats ? SQ Snoopy toys for everyone ? Snow and holly branches around the cabin ? A glass of mulled wine and a hot mince pie in my enhanced super duper Skysuite ?

(I'll also be flying that day in KA F and AY J - bonus points (which means ... prizes!) to the airline which does do something!)
                        dream on jhm ..the only thing I saw was the enhanced menu and some holly decor on the sides of the plane right above the windows...

unfortunately for me, there were no mistletoe anywhere to be seen....otherwise, SQFAN will have a field day

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          unfortunately for me, there were no mistletoe anywhere to be seen....otherwise, SQFAN will have a field day
                          I don't doubt that one bit

Comment

As of this week, the tufts of evergreen are in place and the Christmas Carols are playing. No sign of other things though but from past experience about three years ago, there was an additional meal offering on Christmas day of the usual turkey and stuff.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, lhrpete.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X