Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leroy n Bubba go to Christchurch and Back on the Wings of Aotearoa (SYD-CHC-SYD NZ J)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy n Bubba go to Christchurch and Back on the Wings of Aotearoa (SYD-CHC-SYD NZ J)

Continuing on from the A380 ride which we reported on here, mummy took us onto a smaller little plane from Air New Zealand. It does not look like it, but it is ZK-OJO which is painted into some festive colour type thing. We think it is cute

Segment 1:
    SYD-CHC
    NZ782 Operated by Freedom Air

Captain Tania Woodbury - she was very nice and sweet.

Row 1 on the A320. Maybe 8.5 bubba lengths of pitch, or 42 inches in Adult speak.

Always, read the safety card you never know when it might help

Magazine pocket

Menu on a card

Poor 9M-MPL in SYD this morning. Dispatched without winglet.
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2008, 08:47 PM.

A long long taxi to the southeast corner of the airport, for takeoff on RWY 34R, then quick immediate turn right gave us lovely views of downtown SYD. Visible here is the usual SYD morning crew. 9V-SKA has since long gone turned and gone home to singapore!

Visible in this shot is the harbour bridge and opera house. See you in a few days!

J class pax get DVD players. We selected the thoroughly forgettable "Sunshine" starring Michelle Yeoh. No honey at all in the show! bah!

The menu

Munchies! This is the yummy prawn and angel hair salad to start off with

And the cervena (is that beef? we're not sure) *edit - Uncle Keithmel has since told us it's venison

And Kapiti! (mummy let us have it all, since we have never had Kapiti before. This is hokey pokey and raspberry, but it was so sweet, we weren't sure which was which!
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

De rigueur leg shot

Leroy's first ever view of Aotearoa - the land under the long white cloud (which is a mouthful - we're only here for the Manuka honey!)

Ooh Sauron's down there somewhere

Arrival into CHC - a nice collection of planes

Customs and MAF new Zealand were very strict. They x-rayed everything. Luckily for us, there was nothing to be found

So that's the outbound leg - Hope you enjoyed it
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Segment 2
        NZ781
        CHC-SYD
        ZK-OJF

After such a nice time in New Zealand with mummy and aunty P it was time to go home (We don't like holidays to end )

Mummy took us on air new Zealand again, so we were hoping for kapiti (they don't serve any for breakfast )

Mummy had some lounge pics at CHC here so we won't go into it.

Off we go: Rain rain on departure. Poor mummy got wet returning the rental car

Lining up on runway 20

Aunty P moved straight across to 2F from 1B to sleep. Here is the seat in full recline. Not so good for current J standards.

We didn't want to watch any DVD's so erm.... we played the current game du jour: Open TTD (that's Sydney in the map, lots of reclaimed land though)

Bye bye Aotearoa!
        Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

The menu

Hot breakfast - that's the omelette

Bored stiff

So off we go to disturb Aunty P. This is about 2 seconds before she wakes up and gets SO mad at us!

Approaching SYD over Botany Bay. Disappointing run down to 34R (16L and R are much better)

Shadow of ZK-OJF about to land

Have to wait a few seconds to let this Kangaroo Airlines Darwin 700 (that's what we think it is) land on 34L before we cross.

Another Darwin 700 9V-SMS (could be a Kelling K6, not sure) from Singapore I think. Now flying direct to Wollonggong and Rockdale according to that signboard.

Ooh what a big plane. Not sure what it is, cause we can't tell from far. Mummy thinks it's a Dinger 200. We tend to agree. As we pulled in to our gate, the pilot spoke something about "for those interested on the right, it's a Dinger 200, the first Dinger 200 in the world etc etc" Seems like a nice plane. Wonder when we'll get a chance to ride it?
          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 6 January 2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

haha. Dinger 200

Comment

Wasn't that supposed to be Dinger 300 instead of 700??? Or my version bit outdated?? hehehehe...

Anyway...Too bad I cant catch you during your visit to MEL..only with your Mummy and Auntie P... Hope your Mommy will create TR about MEL visit....

See you other times and Happy New Year...

Comment

I want to ride on the Dinger 200 too!!! Nice TR yet again, Leroy and Bubba!
                My Cafe Adventures
                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Mummy says she will try to look out for the Dinger 200 for our future flights since we like it so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post

Have to wait a few seconds to let this Kangaroo Airlines Darwin 700 (that's what we think it is) land on 34L before we cross.

Another Darwin 700 9V-SMS (could be a Kelling K6, not sure) from Singapore I think. Now flying direct to Wollonggong and Rockdale according to that signboard.

Ooh what a big plane. Not sure what it is, cause we can't tell from far. Mummy thinks it's a Dinger 200. We tend to agree. As we pulled in to our gate, the pilot spoke something about "for those interested on the right, it's a Dinger 200, the first Dinger 200 in the world etc etc" Seems like a nice plane. Wonder when we'll get a chance to ride it?

In the first picture, sorry for my correction, it's a 747-400, also the 2nd picture. The third picture is A380. I have not heard of a Darwin 700 or Dinger 200 before? are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by A380-800 View Post
                      In the first picture, sorry for my correction, it's a 747-400, also the 2nd picture. The third picture is A380. I have not heard of a Darwin 700 or Dinger 200 before? are you sure?
                      Thanks for pointing it out. Will be sure to inform the bears of their error

Comment

i like ** SQ bears~~~~~~~~
                        so Cute~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post
                          Ooh Sauron's down there somewhere
                          You can say about him what you want, but the view from his living room must be awsome
                          Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
                            You can say about him what you want, but the view from his living room must be awsome
                            Yeah his view' would be pretty good, and that's if he's still around.

Problem is that he had a penchant for jewelry....

Comment

This A320 is an uncomfortable aircraft. I don't like it. Maybe it is the way NZ configures it or maybe it is because it's just a small plane or maybe I just don't really travel well. I'm glad "mama bear" found it nice and comfy, but for me was pretty cramped.

The Lunch menu from Australia to New Zealand was excellent. Breakfast coming back from New Zealand to Australia was less good, a bit bland.

Service all round was very good though.

And don't I look grumpy? haha ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X