Virgin Atlantic A380: Showers, Roulette Tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Atlantic A380: Showers, Roulette Tables

Richard Branson's Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. plans to fit its A380 superjumbos with private rooms, showers and roulette tables, the billionaire said.

''It's surprising how little people have done,'' the Virgin Group chairman said in Paris yesterday. ''We will have bars, showers and, in countries where we're allowed to, roulette and blackjack. We'll certainly have double beds, private rooms, masseuses and manicurists.''

Virgin has said it will deploy the superjumbos on routes from London to Los Angeles, Tokyo, Johannesburg, Sydney and New York's John F. Kennedy airport.

''We're trying to give Airbus a bit of a push to stretch the plane and make them a bit bigger,'' Branson said.

More at
    Bloomberg

Virgin Atlantic is 49% owned by Singapore Airlines Limited.

They better have safety belts in the shower rooms and 'magnetic' balls for the roulettes when the airplane hits an Air Pocket or when the seat belt sign comes on for turbulence.
    Last edited by Sqstalker; 21 December 2007, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sqstalker View Post
      They better have safety belts in the shower rooms and 'magnetic' balls for the roulettes when the airplane hits an Air Pocket or when the seat belt sign comes on for turbulence.
      I can imagine some serious quarrels when "and the winner is 16 Red.. oh wait, no, make that 29 Black!"

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I can imagine some serious quarrels when "and the winner is 16 Red.. oh wait, no, make that 29 Black!"

And I guess those who couldn't get into the double beds and private rooms can just go take a cold shower.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Don't let SRB fool you. They've postponed deliveries for the A380s anyway & a rumoured to be waiting to convert them into -900s or cancel them all together.

Virgin (as a whole brand) are very good at generating media hype. Whether they keep their promises to the public is an entirely difference matter...

Comment

Don't get drawn in by the hype, the showers won't happen. It's too impractical and not to mention heavy to cart the huge amount of water needed for every one of the 400+ passengers to be economical

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
              Don't get drawn in by the hype, the showers won't happen. It's too impractical and not to mention heavy to cart the huge amount of water needed for every one of the 400+ passengers to be economical
              Showers are already being planned for Emirates First Class passengers on their A380 cabin. I'd imagine that any shower facilities would be exclusively available to Upper Class passengers. Showers WILL happen, but they'll be a preserve of the rich.

Personally, I don't think SRB is taking the hype far enough. He would get far more attention if he talked about an onboard jacuzzi!

Comment

and what do people do if suddenly the fasten seat belt sign is turned on?
                jump out of the shower and sit down on your seat wet and naked
                You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                  and what do people do if suddenly the fasten seat belt sign is turned on?
                  jump out of the shower and sit down on your seat wet and naked
                  I saw a news release a few months ago that mentioned someone's designed seat belts for showers already. No idea how it works though.

Comment

Hmm... Virgin Atlantic should start a subsidiary called Red Light Airlines. The name explains it all.

Comment

It's SRB's business model - a little tittilation, a little show, a bit of this, a bit of that - hip and cool come to mind. What surprises me more is that SQ invested in VS - a few details aside they couldn't be culturally more different.

Comment

Working...
                      X