St. Regis Singapore gets three customised Bentley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Regis Singapore gets three customised Bentley's

I am staying here in a few weeks. At SGD600 a night for the cheapest room I'm interested to see if it's worth it...

The St. Regis Singapore has taken delivery of its fleet of three customised Bentley Continental Flying Spurs ahead of the hotel’s much anticipated soft opening this Saturday, 22 December.

Bentley Motors was commissioned by St. Regis to provide a customised fleet of exclusive motor vehicles, which will not only chauffeur its guests around in style but will also provide an experience in keeping with the St. Regis brand values.

“With matching beliefs in the importance of heritage, prestige and the promise of providing a memorable lifestyle experience, Bentley was the perfect choice for the hotel’s limousine service,” said St. Regis Singapore General Manager, Mr. Yngvar Stray. “We want the privileged lifestyle by staying at the St Regis to begin the moment our guests arrive, picked by our Bentley limousine and seamlessly transferred to the hotel.”

The St. Regis Singapore’s fleet of three Bentley Continental Flying Spurs has been specially customised for the hotel. The car’s exterior colour matches the distinctive bronze that is one of the St. Regis brand’s corporate colours.

Other features include customised St. Regis badges and St. Regis embroidered monograms on the headrests, deep pile carpets for guests to rest their feet on after a long journey and a wine cooler hidden in the rear cabin to store chilled drinks and towels to refresh them as they are chauffeured to the hotel.

The Continental Flying Spur

The Continental Flying Spur marries the excitement, power, refinement and craftsmanship that Bentley is renowned for, with enhanced luxury and space to provide a supreme combination of performance, style and comfort. A 550-strong team of engineers worked alongside Bentley's renowned designers and craftsmen to create the Continental Flying Spur at the state-of-the-art factory in Crewe, England.

The stunning cabins use exquisite Bentley design and craftsmanship to create a spacious, welcoming interior. A classic mix of leather hides and wood veneers are combined to give a contemporary but timeless appearance.

Over 11 leather hides are used to make a complete set of upholstery in the Continental Flying Spur, covering the seats, door panels, waistrails, dashboard, rear parcel shelf and roof headlining.

The natural, unstained and unbleached veneers are first cut using the latest laser technology, then lacquered by hand before being machined together and polished. Each Continental Flying Spur carries veneers which are mirror-matched to create perfect symmetry; with one side reflecting the opposite.

With substantial rear legroom in the cabin, guests of The St. Regis Singapore are certainly assured of travelling in complete comfort.

Give us report, please! With lots of revealing pictures is a must!

Comment

Thanks for this, MAN Flyer. I didn't realise the St Regis is opening on 22 Dec. I've cancelled my MO stay and rebooked at the SPG for 27 and 30 Dec.

However, I think I'll pass on the Bentley pickup - I've never had to wait more than a few minutes at Changi and a taxi ride is pleasant enough.

Comment

I'm not knocking the Continental Flying Spur as a cheap or bad car by any means. I certainly wouldn't mind having one in my driveway.

But as prestige branding symbols go... this is kind of a "cheap" attempt at replicating the cachet of The Peninsula HK's fleet of bespoke Rolls-Royce Phantoms, at a fraction of the cost of the Real Thing.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          I'm not knocking the Continental Flying Spur as a cheap or bad car by any means. I certainly wouldn't mind having one in my driveway.

But as prestige branding symbols go... this is kind of a "cheap" attempt at replicating the cachet of The Peninsula HK's fleet of bespoke Rolls-Royce Phantoms, at a fraction of the cost of the Real Thing.
          you sure have one interesting perspective.

Comment

Shangri-La's Valley Wing will face stiff competition from the new St. Regis... so far there has been no hotel comparable to the Shangri around Orchard Road... I doubt that the new SPG property can match "Valley's" level of service though Does anyone know how "big" (in sq metres) the "cheapest" room (at SGD 600) at the St. Regis will be?

And those Continental Flying Spurs are certainly far more prestigious than the old Mercedes S from the early 90's that Peninsula Beijing is still using to pick up guests at the airport Most taxi drivers in Germany have better cars

Comment

Originally posted by SQOZflyer View Post
              Shangri-La's Valley Wing will face stiff competition from the new St. Regis... so far there has been no hotel comparable to the Shangri around Orchard Road... I doubt that the new SPG property can match "Valley's" level of service though Does anyone know how "big" (in sq metres) the "cheapest" room (at SGD 600) at the St. Regis will be?
              My reservation confirmation e-mail says:

Room Description
              Our Spacious Executive Deluxe Rooms That Exude Grandeur And Elegance Offer The Utmost Luxury And Comfort. 50-52sqm

Room Amenities
              Executive Deluxe Non-smoking, 24 Hr Comp Butler Service, Plasma Tv 42 Inch, Luxuriously Furnished, Large Marble Bathrm/dbl Basin
              So not big at all. I stayed at the S-L VW last year but apart from complimentary champagne, canapes etc and a large (and admittedly quite well appointed) room, didn't really notice any big difference in terms of amenities, service etc. (For example, there was butler service but that was for suites if I recall correctly and not for normal rooms in the VW.) Did I miss something ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                I've cancelled my MO stay and rebooked at the SPG for 27 and 30 Dec.
                Presume you mean the St. Regis.

If so, excellent stuff. Look forward to hearing how it goes. At SGD600 per night and all the other options in Singapura it will have to be bl**dy good.

They have changed the opening date a few times this year.

Comment

I asked the St Regis about airport transfers in general (without mentioning a Bentley) out of interest and it looks like I won't be booking this in a hurry.

As per your inquiry, the Bentley limousine transfer service from the airport is available.
                  It can be arranged for your convenience at the following charges:
                  Arrival Transfer SGD265 Nett includes taxes
                  Departure Transfer SGD230 Nett includes taxes
                  Please advise if you would like to have a car reserved.
                  Changi International Airport is located about 15.5 miles or 25.0 km from downtown Singapore, and is approximately 20 minutes from the St. Regis Singapore by car.
                  Compare that to RM 450 for a transfer from KLIA to the MO KUL (which took about an hour IIRC) in a new Mercedes S-class; and HK$730 from HKIA to the Island S-L (also about an hour; also a Mercedes but I can't remember what it was now).

Comment

I can just imagine Jeeves coming up to you - would sir like the bentley? Very good sir. Right away.

Comment

well, each one costs 800,000+ SGD, so i guess they have to make their money back somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        well, each one costs 800,000+ SGD, so i guess they have to make their money back somehow.
                        Now you're tempting me ... but just how good can a 15-minute ride in an (albeit very nice) car be ? (I know, I know, probably the same answer given to those who ask just how good can a 12-hour flight in a (albeit very nice) plane seat be!)

The choice would be made a lot easier if they had some fizzy drinks in the back to force down whilst the minutes fly by...

Comment

Working...
                        X