No announcement yet.

LH F vs. LX F to LAX -- recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH F vs. LX F to LAX -- recommendation?

Originally posted by CGK View Post

Will post pictures when I get home tonight...

Ok. So as F pax, I got driven to somewhere. Mercedes of course. Not the sedan, but the one looks like SUV. My gate was E35. So the driver took me to the ground level. Drove to Terminal E. And he just took me up to the floor where the security is. So, I was stucked at the security.

Well, at least I had a god-like-treatment on board Swiss this time. It was an excellent flight!
    hi there,
    I tought I would give a try to LX F on my next trip to LAX as I always take LH. How would you rate LX F vs LH F ?
    Thanks

Just a quick reply here.
    I had an excellent flight on LX40 ZRH-LAX. The flight attendant had read my name (I boarded last due to security) and knew I am Indonesian. So she tried hard to say basic Indonesian words.
    I don't remember the basic rule of service on LX, but in this flight I was served first. I was in 1K. There were two Swiss businessmen in the middle seats, thus leaving 1A empty. Second row, only 2K was empty. And I believe the two in the middle were a couple (the usual loud husband and wife disputes and discussions... hmm the husband belt was not properly done... )

Overall I must say I like my LX flight yesterday. The meals service just perfect for me. I had pretty much everything.
    One thing that makes a difference is the fact that on LX (compare to my LH flight couple weeks ago) no caviar and no pajamas. I brought my own LH pajamas. LX provides the socks and slippers.
    The AVOD is way better than LH (screen is wider). I watched Goya's Ghost and Clubland. The table is huge. (Well similar like BA or CX table).
    The sleeping mode is excellent compare to LH. Reason? Well there is the padding mat, and nice fluffy comforter. And the seat looks like very flat. Big pillow and soft. Managed to have nonstop 5 hours sleep...
    Yes, LH has single seats as well on A340. But I feel that the LX seats are comfier to sleep on as well as to lounge around.

In short, if you are used to LH service, give LX a try. The FAs are more cheerful and warm. Don't expect caviar and pajamas.

Comment

And here is the menu for LX 40.

You can compare to LH 454.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
        I am tired of LH seat in F (of course when you are used to SQ you become very difficult...) and I found the service to be more and more on the cold side so I am looking for a much warmer ambiance. Plus LH flights to LAX tend to be packed and I do not like having pax next to me. Caviar is not my main goal when flying and I have enough PJs to fly Swiss F for the next 20 years(!). I will go for it and if I do not like it then I will go back to LH, no big deal.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Will add on-board meals picture later tonight!

Comment

Good for me, I only look at the pictures!

Comment

Pictures had been uploaded in LX menu thread!

Comment

Look pretty good from the pictures, thanks! have asked for my ticket to be changed.

Comment

Working...
                X