No announcement yet.

Can access lounge on code-share flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can access lounge on code-share flight?

Hi everyone,

I flew from BWN (Brunei) to SIN on 14 Dec on BI aircraft in Y class. It's a code-share ticket between BI and SQ.

I tot I wont be able to access the BI J class lounge as I have no status with BI.
    But it's a 2 hour wait (I was at the airport early) so I thought I will try my luck anyway.

Took out my KF Gold card and asked the person at the check-in counter whether SQ Gold card members can access the lounge. She said "No". I said since this is a code-share flight, why not ??

She phoned the station manager and presto ! She gave me the lounge entry card for 2 PAX.

But what's the official stand on this ???? Anybody knows ?

I maybe wrong (as I am horrible in lounge access rules) but I think it will also depend on your ticket. If it is issued by SQ with SQ flight number then you should have the lounge access with your status. By the way, which lounge did you get into? SKL or SATS Premier?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
      I maybe wrong (as I am horrible in lounge access rules) but I think it will also depend on your ticket. If it is issued by SQ with SQ flight number then you should have the lounge access with your status. By the way, which lounge did you get into? SKL or SATS Premier?
      Howdy,

I was referring to the Royal Brunei (BI) business class lounge in Brunei Airport (BWN).

The plane and boarding pass is BI, but the flight has a code-share SQ flight number (SQXXXX).

I have a feeling I cannot access the lounge. Hope for clarification from lounge experts here.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
        I have a feeling I cannot access the lounge. Hope for clarification from lounge experts here.
        I would've thought "no" as well, but the guide to contract lounges includes a lounge in BWN. I suspect it was this that allowed you to use the lounge. If you had been a non-SQ *G, you might have been denied access.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
        X