X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide which airline to fly!

I'm working a trip right now

I'll be in BKK around CNY.

I'm going to issue a F award going BKK-HKG-SIN (need to try the F spa in BKK )

Since UA award ticket won't allow me to add on the SIN-BKK sector (over MPM) I have to buy a ticket.

I have many choices here.

AirAsia 86SGD
    Tiger Airways 81SGD
    LX 130USD
    TG/SQ just go up the roof

I'm trying to buy a oneway ticket.

My dates are around Feb 18-20 any of those days will work for me.

What should I travel?

Most probably some extra info will help you make me choose. I will only have carry on. One rollerbag.

I have OW ruby status and *G status on NH/UA

earning the 900 miles doesn't matter much. The thing is that I really want to try the F lounge in T3!!!!!!! so going low cost will prevent me from going in if someone happens to be around

Fumi

My impression about LCCs is that they are quite strict about the size and weight of carryon luggage. Would your rollaboard fit their criteria? (I could be wrong on this, so I'm happy to be corrected.)

I tend to favor full-service carriers for that reason. I think your *G status would grant you some leeway on LX, so I vote for them.

As for the T3 lounge: you'll need a benefactor, definitely. Many will be in the same shoes, so it ain't that bad.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Another vote for LX for reasons cited above, as well as better protection in case of cancellation, delays etc.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I've done LX on that route and I would say its worth the few extra $ over LCC considering you'll get lounge access. But I'm a little surprised that the cost is US$130. I would have imagined it to be S$130.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          ...But I'm a little surprised that the cost is US$130. I would have imagined it to be S$130.
          Typo? Else a reflection of the continuing weakening of the US dollar?

Comment

I think i will go with LX and the time will be convienent for me also

Thanks for helping me out.

My rollerbag is not too big. Not like those huge ones u see people in the US using.

Anyone know where I can get cheap LX tickets. LX site is 130USD all in.

zuji.com.sg? or anywhere cheaper?

Comment

Think you can try to book ** tickets at www.swiss.com

Just returned from my trip to BKK on Swiss. Think the fare is definitely worth it, as a full meal will be served, n u get to fly on a widebody and not on some narrowbody with tight seat pitch. In fact, this fare will be much cheaper than budget fare. However, the timing to BKK is not very good, as you will only likely to reach the hotel past midnight.

Comment

For the best deals on swiss.com, make sure you go into the site of the country of departure. Then follow the links to special offers. I don't know if they have special deals for one ways, but hey ho - $130 is good value.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I see why its US$130 now. The S$130 is only if booked as return

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                    (need to try the F spa in BKK )
                    I'm not sure it's worth getting too excited about that, unless things have improved recently. The missus was distinctly underwhelmed by the place when she used it about 6 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I'm not sure it's worth getting too excited about that, unless things have improved recently. The missus was distinctly underwhelmed by the place when she used it about 6 months ago.
                      I was going to fly out TG606 which departs at 4pm to use the SPA and lounge time @ BKK, but I decided the time I lose on my trip is not worth leaving 8 hours later.

So I decided to take TG600 departure time is 8am. Which I believe the Spa is not open yet. So I'll skip that, but hopefully i'll get the new config TG F seats on a 2 hour flight

Now I gotta wake up at 4.30am in the morning

Comment

Just saw a promotional ad on the TV. SIN-BKK fares going at SGD $128 on TG. Details can be found here.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                        X