X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Hotels

• Intercontinental Hotel (post 2 - 6)
    • W Lakeshore Drive (post 9 - 10)
    Last edited by CGK; 16 December 2007, 09:09 AM.

Intercontinental Hotels (Pictures)

The front entrance taken from Conrad Hotel Room 1003

Elevator Lobby at 19th Floor

Hallway

Comment

Room 1961 - A Suite

A surprise when I opened the door. I found a living room. Well an upgrade to a suite was definitely a great treat from the Intercontinental Hotel, especially I am just a lowly frequent guest for IC hotel program.

There is a second full bathroom near the sofa in the living room. The sofa itself is a sofabed.

Well, the main bathroom is pretty small. Have the rain shower head though.

Comment

Main Bathroom

In terms of bathroom, it does look old and small compare to the size of the suite overall. And yes, I love the huge Conrad bathroom.

Comment

The Bedroom

Comment

The Welcome Gift

Many tourists (European) were staying there last weekend. The check-in was fast, but when checking out, there was no special counter for checking out. Thus needed to wait in line. I give big points for handling my missing cellphone. I forgot when I left the table after breakfast.
            Talking about breakfast, we were fortunate to come down to Zest restaurant in time around 8:15am. When we were done, the line was pretty long. Looking at the buffet breakfast, I must say the Intercontinental Park Lane London serves much better breakfast. Quality and service are lacking in this restaurant during our breakfast. Waiting too long to order when the place was not full yet.
            (Suggestion: the maple syrup is much better served warm. )

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Was that a room in the Main tower or the Historic tower?

Comment

If you look at the first picture, the main entrance of the hotel at Michigan Avenue, my room was above the dome. Thus not the section where the sidewalk is.

Comment

W Lakeshore

Apology to Mr W and Ms W for my opinion here. The room reminds me of a motel that has been renovated with a modern minimalist style. No bath tub is uncool. The painted stucco for the ceiling do bring the motel feeling.
                  Compare to other SPG hotels in the US that I had stayed before, I don't see any character attached to it. Or else I am too old to be in the hip and happening place. Better pick Conrad Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    (Suggestion: the maple syrup is much better served warm. )
                    Congratulations on your assimilation to a Canadian identity ........

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
                      ...But I love the bare, minimalist style...
                      You should've seen the two Chicago W's before Starwood bought them.

It's difficult to complain about the staff at W...at most any location IME.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                        You should've seen the two Chicago W's before Starwood bought them.
                        IIRC the Lakeshore property was a Days Inn?
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          IIRC the Lakeshore property was a Days Inn?
                          Yes, the W Lakeshore property was a Days Inn before being purchased by Starwood.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                            Yes, the W Lakeshore property was a Days Inn before being purchased by Starwood.
                            Days Inn? Hmm no wonder I had the feelings of the room having a motel impression. Just for clarification, I used to do driving across America, which led me to the motel experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              Days Inn? Hmm no wonder I had the feelings of the room having a motel impression.

Comment

Working...
                              X