Probability of lost luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probability of lost luggage

I'll be travelling soon on SQ232 SYD-SIN / SQ346 SIN-ZRH then SQ345 ZRH-SIN / SQ219 SIN-SYD.

Does transit in Changi mean lost luggage ?

Merci.

Welcome to SQTalk!
    Are those seats 3C and 3D?
    I must say connecting in Changi would be safe for your check-in bags. You are just connecting right? Are you taking A380 by any chance? Rule of thumb to make sure not having problem with missing bags:
    • When check-in at the origin, make sure you have enough time. It depends on the airport and the staff. If the ground handling is SQ, like at LAX, I always have a confident that the bags will be on board even when I check-in close to the dead line. But when the ground staff is not SQ, it's a bit tricky. Yeah I remembered my bags gone missing when check-in at JFK, which is not handled by SQ, about an hour prior to departure.
    • Make sure the check-in agent tags your bags correctly. I know ZRH or SYD is pretty unique. But who knows may be the agent got distracted and tagged it to different city instead!
    • In SIN (your connecting city), just double check again with the gate agent or lounge staff about your bags.
    Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Thank you for your advice CGK.

Yes those seats were fine : empty cabin for 2 on this flight (SYD-SIN).

Don't want to take A380 SQ220/SQ221 for our next trip : to much people on board and a lack of discipline with passengers wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by GMT +11 View Post
        Does transit in Changi mean lost luggage ?
        I think if there is one place I trust with luggage, it's Changi.

Welcome to SQTalk, GMT +11.

Comment

If its not BA and not a transit through LHR, you'll be fine.

Comment

If you are sitting in F (or Suites as they call it now) I don't think you'll have problem with people wandering in as they don't allow access for non-F passengers.

Originally posted by GMT +11 View Post
            Thank you for your advice CGK.

Yes those seats were fine : empty cabin for 2 on this flight (SYD-SIN).

Don't want to take A380 SQ220/SQ221 for our next trip : to much people on board and a lack of discipline with passengers wandering.

Comment

Working...
            X