Kingfisher Airlines - A 5 star airline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfisher Airlines - A 5 star airline

I've came across the Skytrax website and saw this. Well, I'm not sure whether is this news for you guys, but has anyone flown IT before? Do they deserve this ranking?
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Yes, I've flown them: made a short TR here

They're very good, whether they're 5 star or not, we're talking skytrax here. Nuff said.

Comment

They don't have international operations, but their domestic flights deserve a 5* ranking. In Y on the A320/321 you have good legroom, great (and great looking) cabin crew, Satellite TV, good meals even on a 45 min flight and even a porter to take your luggage from when you enter the airport through the baggage x-ray to the checkin counter.

If you have a tight IT to IT transfer in BOM, they will take you from plane to plane on the tarmac so you don't have to "transit" through the non-transitable domestic terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        They're very good, whether they're 5 star or not, we're talking skytrax here. Nuff said.

Hear hear!

Comment

i thought Thai will become a 5 star airline before ever thinking bout kingfisher. Seems like now a days any airline can get an award.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
            i thought Thai will become a 5 star airline before ever thinking bout kingfisher. Seems like now a days any airline can get an award.
            It seems like only carriers that are actively seeking to improve their product through investment are getting the higher rankings. Kingfisher has invested heavily in making a domestic product that stands head & shoulders above the competition. THAI doesn't seem to have the cash to invest in snazzy gismos. They've already announced that their A380 interiors will be 'more conventional' than say SQs. Something to do with govenment funding. I'm not slating the Thai govenment, just there lack of enthusiasm about the A380.

Comment

IT indeed deserves to be a 5 star airline before TG. I flew on IT last week on BOM - DEL and DEL - BOM. The service, despite not as polished as what I am used to at SQ, was excellent and it was on Y. For a 1:35 hr flight, we were provided with headsets (every seat has its PTV with 5 - 6 channels) and a printed hot meal menu (2 options - a veg and a non veg option). Meal service also came with desserts and free flowing bottled water and juices service + tea and coffee. At the end of the flight, we were also allowed to keep the 1 prong headset + we were given a Kingfisher pen.

Seats are comfortable with very nice adjustable headrest.

By the way, what's amazing is the number of concierge porter donning the IT red uniform who is willing to help out at the airport from the time you get off your taxi cab until the time you check through the security regardless of the class you are flying.
              Last edited by UMD; 19 December 2007, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                IT indeed deserves to be a 5 star airline before TG. I flew on IT last week on BOM - DEL and DEL - BOM. The service, despite not as polished as what I am used to at SQ, was excellent and it was on Y. For a 1:35 hr flight, we were provided with headsets (every seat has its PTV with 5 - 6 channels) and a printed hot meal menu (2 options - a veg and a non veg option). Meal service also came with desserts and free flowing bottled water and juices service + tea and coffee. At the end of the flight, we were also allowed to keep the 1 prong headset + we were given a Kingfisher pen.

Seats are comfortable with very nice adjustable headrest.

By the way, what's amazing is the number of concierge porter donning the IT red uniform who is willing to help out at the airport from the time you get off your taxi cab until the time you check through the security regardless of the class you are flying.
                So how are there prices compared to everyone else? Would you say it's value for money? Afterall, who else provides a set of headphones & a pen to take with you?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                  So how are there prices compared to everyone else?
                  Most IT flights I've taken have been cheaper than Jet Airways on the same sectors. Not as cheap as SpiceJet, but then thats a real LCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                    Most IT flights I've taken have been cheaper than Jet Airways on the same sectors. Not as cheap as SpiceJet, but then thats a real LCC.
                    Spicejet offers complimentary snacks & drinks, similar to Southwest. Not "hard core" LCC like Ryanair

Comment

Working...
                    X