Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting at IAD

Folks,

I'm arriving into IAD on 0632 on a Sat morning from GRU and connecting to JFK at 0815. I'm counting 1hr43m for this Int-Dom connection. Is this doable?

Congratulations for your post #1000!

Well, it should be fine for connection especially early that morning. Not too busy for the immigration. But then the IAD-JFK would depart from different terminal, and you have to use the mobile transport. In short, it should be enough time to connect.

This morning, the flight from GRU arrived at Gate C12 a bit early. And the flight to JFK departed from Gate A1. Thus transfer from Main Terminal (after clearing immigration and customs) to Terminal A would be a breeze.
    Last edited by CGK; 4 December 2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: Thanks to cawhite!

Comment

I usually allow a bit longer than that when connecting early mornings from an inbound international flight, particularly if checking bags (EZE, GRU & KWI land around the same time IIRC) but trust CGK's opinion. That time of morning, IIRC, the midfield Immigration & Customs isn't open & you'll take the moonbuggy to the main terminal to clear I&C.

Comment

One words of advice, when you go to Terminal A to catch the commuter plane (Shuttle America), your BP will say boarding starts at certain times. But in general for commuter flights, many times the boarding process will start later. And yes, if it's in the same PNR, they will know where you will come from.

Comment

Thank You CGK, cawhite. I was hoping that Sat mornings may be abit better as compared to perhaps Mon. Its all on the same PNR. I wouldn't have checked-bags but my colleague probably would; perhaps I should discourage him.

Another question, where to stand/sit on the moonbuggy?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Thank You CGK, cawhite. I was hoping that Sat mornings may be abit better as compared to perhaps Mon. Its all on the same PNR. I wouldn't have checked-bags but my colleague probably would; perhaps I should discourage him.

Another question, where to stand/sit on the moonbuggy?
            Saturday mornings should definitely be better than Monday mornings (which is my usual connection intl --> dom ) w/r/t re-clearing security upstairs.

Re the moonbuggy, IME sit/stand as close to the door you enter through as possible. You should be able to tell if there are any "regulars" - follow their cues.

Comment

On the moonbuggy, if you're in a hurry to exit, I think you should walk to the other end of the bus from where you enter since I think that's where you will be exiting. I could be wrong though. What do other people think?

Comment

Update since I've now done it.

We arrived early into gate C5 at 0600 and we did use the mid-field immigration. There was a immigration queue; ALL behind me; so I was done de-planing, immigration, customs, security in a mere 5 mins

Comment

post deleted
                  Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... your experience differs quite significantly from mine. I suppose it all depends what time of the day and which day of the week you arrive.

Last time was in Mar arriving from NRT on NH at the off-peak time. So again, 1st in the immigration queue even with the moon buggy. Had to pick up luggage but still 5th to security.

Comment

Hmmm... your experience differs quite significantly from mine. I suppose it all depends what time of the day and which day of the week you arrive.

Last time was in Mar arriving from NRT on NH at the off-peak time. So again, 1st in the immigration queue even with the moon buggy. Had to pick up luggage but still 5th to security.
                      post deleted
                      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if a 1h 10min connection at IAH from intl to domestic enough?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                          Does anyone know if a 1h 10min connection at IAH from intl to domestic enough?
                          http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6330

This thread is on IAD not IAH

Comment

HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                            X