Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KF : beyond 50k miles - should I credit to LH ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF : beyond 50k miles - should I credit to LH ?

I've been crediting all my Star Alliance mileage into my KF account, and it's now beyond 50k miles, so I am certain of KF Gold status for one more year.

Since I have one return SIN-LAX trip next month, I am thinking of crediting it into LH Miles & More. I am attracted to M & M's SEN status which gives Star G status for 2 years.

Can anyone share with us your normal practice when crediting to Star Alliance FFPs - ie where you credit them first, and when do you switch to another FFP.

Also, how is the M & M redemption/upgrade award levels and availability compared to Krisflyer ?

Thanks in advance !
    J. my own dear wife J.

Will you fly enough to get *G in two FFPs. For me as I do not I tend to put all my miles to M&M even once I am over the 100K needed for requalificaton so I do not end up with small amounts of miles dotted about various schemes (or try to fly OW more to get status in that aliance as well).

Comment

I credit

For F trips - regardless of airline - to LH M&M

SQ J trips - to KF
      all other *A J trips to LH M&M

For *A Y trips -
      if booked in Y,B - to LH M&M regardless of carrier
      if booked in lower than Y,B - LH/LX/UA to M&M
      all others depending on how much they earn.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Lobster : Starting in Jan 08, I think I have a good chance to hit 100,000 in LH M & M, so I would rather try for that and get 2 years of StarG status, rather than keep dumping it into KF.
        Also, I feel that KF Gold has no practical advantage over LH SEN, so I might as well try for LH SEN. But I have to decide on this ASAP, starting from my SIN-LAX return flight in Jan.

SQfg : thanks, that was just what I was looking for. But if I start putting miles into M & M, I would probably put everything into it next year until I hit 100k.
        For SQ J & F flights, you still do double-dipping for the PPS value benefit right ? (I think this is still possible from what I understand from the SQ website FAQs).
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
          For SQ J & F flights, you still do double-dipping for the PPS value benefit right ? (I think this is still possible from what I understand from the SQ website FAQs).
          Yes it still is.

During reservations or check-in - ask for your LH number to be put into the FQTV field. Ask for your KF number to be put into the FQTS field.

Comment

SQfg :Thanks, will note this down. (I was wondering how to explain this to the check-in counter staff while waving two FFP cards at them and behaving like an idiot).
            One more question : you put all Y class miles into M & M cos they give you 1.5X right ? Same for other Star A flights ? Does that mean my SQ Y SIN-LAX can get me 1.5X status miles in M & M ?
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

SQfg :Thanks, will note this down. (I was wondering how to explain this to the check-in counter staff while waving two FFP cards at them and behaving like an idiot).
              One more question : you put all Y class miles into M & M cos they give you 1.5X right ? Same for other Star A flights ? Does that mean my SQ Y SIN-LAX can get me 1.5X status miles in M & M ?
              Yes, 150% when booked in Y and B. And yes, you'd get 150% on your SIN-LAX, but in that instance, there's no point putting in your KF card in the FQTS field because there's no PPSV to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Yes, 150% when booked in Y and B. And yes, you'd get 150% on your SIN-LAX, but in that instance, there's no point putting in your KF card in the FQTS field because there's no PPSV to be had.
                I think keeping one's KF/PPS number in the system is useful in case of op-up opportunities.

Comment

there's no point putting in your KF card in the FQTS field because there's no PPSV to be had.
                  It's always nice to have all available space in the boarding pass to be populated.

And don't forget, upright man will not have any *G status in LH to start with. So it is important for him to provide FQTS information so that his QPP status (which give him *G status) will be reflected on his PNR & BP when it comes to clearing waitlist and lounge access for his SIN-LAX-SIN flight.

Comment

Good points, everyone !
                    Thanks, I learnt a lot from all of you experts.
                    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

upright man, just want to confirm. Your flights are booked in Y booking class right? Just want to clarify the terminology you used, i.e. Y as economy class in general, or Y as a booking code (which is a full-fare usually.) I know fro SIN-LAX, it can be booked as non-Y or non-B, such as E, S etc, which will not get 150%, just 100%.

Comment

yes, my SIN-LAX next month is paid full fare Y class. So are many of my other Star Alliance economy flights.

(I've also been on LH, TG, UA this year, almost all C or J, often long haul, so that's why I'm looking at crediting all these into LH, since the mileage is dismal in KF, and C or J doesn't earn PPS Value).
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

yes, my SIN-LAX next month is paid full fare Y class. So are many of my other Star Alliance economy flights.

(I've also been on LH, TG, UA this year, almost all C or J, often long haul, so that's why I'm looking at crediting all these into LH, since the mileage is dismal in KF, and C or J doesn't earn PPS Value).
                          If it is a true full fare Y, (and not a YEE6M e.g. which earns still 150% btw) - why not just pay the differential into C?

Comment

If it is a true full fare Y, (and not a YEE6M e.g. which earns still 150% btw) - why not just pay the differential into C?
                            Full fare Y cost me S$2000 before taxes, but C would cost a lot more - furthermore I am travelling with my two kids, so economy would be the most....er....economical choice.
                            (Also, I wanted to try the non stop Exec Economy product once, before they convert it to J class only as rumored).
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Full fare Y cost me S$2000 before taxes, but C would cost a lot more - furthermore I am travelling with my two kids, so economy would be the most....er....economical choice.
                              (Also, I wanted to try the non stop Exec Economy product once, before they convert it to J class only as rumored).
                              $2000 sounds a bit low?

True full Y is SGD 6,170 RT, and full C is circa 11,000 SGD.

Comment

Working...
                              X