Tiger Airways MEL/SIN Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Airways MEL/SIN Combo

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience yet of flying the MEL/SIN combo (i.e. via Darwin) Tiger Airways flight. They are advertising return airfares today from $349 AUD valid between Feb and Oct 2008.

Just not sure if I want to spend all that time in an A320 and having to transit in Darwin in the middle of the night, but given the price who knows....?

I'm going to try it in February for one way SIN-MEL. I will try to report back. Got free tickets for this one, so it's a really good deal for me

This will be my first time taking LCC for a route this long, not something that I really look forward.

Comment

Look forward to your report.

Do you or does anyone know if the seating and service on the Australian based aircraft is any different to the local ex-Singapore aircraft. Anyway have a good trip and hopefully you won't need a good physio/chiro on your return.

Comment

I do believe that the seating is the same. I'm not sure about the service though. I just hope it will be fine. I have prepared my PMP and noise cancelling headset to occupy me during the sleepless night on the plane.

The sale fare for MEL-SIN is really good though, make me wonder if I should book it for a short trip in April.

Comment

Update

Took my first Tiger flight last week and I wouldn't recommend it unless you can't stretch your budget. The seat pitch is tiny like most LCC, but the flight attendants are extremely rude and patronizing. The terminal in MEL is seriously a tin shed. I was shocked to find a the arrival hall looks like a warehouse, no air con, only chain link fence used as the barrier/wall, and theres only portable toilet there. You can actually see the luggage being unloaded and the fresh cold air blowing to your face. Truly bare to the max.

Air Asia X on the other hand, is pretty good. There's no AVOD or free flow of champers, but at least the flight attendants are very accommodating. They are surprisingly professional and friendly. LCCT, despite my constant complaints, is also still much more bearable in comparison to Tiger's tin shed in MEL.

Can't wait to be back to SQ for my next flight...

Comment

Working...
          X