Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think of the Current Book the Cook Menus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Think of the Current Book the Cook Menus?

What are your favorites? Dislikes? Suggestions? Post them here!

Like:
    Slipper lobster Thermidor, buttered asparagus, and slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice - my heart might say otherwise

Dislike:
    Steamed crab ravioli in creamy lobster sauce with mixed vegetables - the entire entree was bland
    Grilled tuna with vinegared white miso and mixed seaweed sauce served with udon - too powerful on the palate and the tuna was grilled through and through (no red anywhere )

Suggestions:
    They should focus more on the regional specialties of each origin. The "Grilled fillet of beef with pesto and tomato couscous" ex-NRT just doesn't do it for me. SFO has so much potential with great chefs and local products.

I thought 'Duck with Yam Rice' was very unique and pretty tasty.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The BTC Chilean Sea Bass has deteriorated since it was first introduced. It now smell funny, and is more often than not, super salty.

Comment

I do like BTC and will nearly always use it if available. However I do think that they need to change the menus more often. I tend to fly LHR-SIN-HKG and am getting a bit bored with the options as I don't think they ahve changed at all since I first started flying this route.

My favourite dish is the Duck Rice out of LHR.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          The "Grilled fillet of beef with pesto and tomato couscous" ex-NRT just doesn't do it for me.
          ex-NRT ? Beef sukiyaki!

Comment

My favorites so far has been:

1) Chicken Curry Peranakan
            2) Nasi Lemak
            3) Lobster Thermidor

Has anyone tried the ribeye steak? I once had beef tenderloin onboard CX F and it was AWFUL. Since then I have always tried to avoid ordering steak onboard a plane.
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              What Do You Think of the Current Book the Cook Menus?
              They should be changed a heck of a lot more often!

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                Has anyone tried the ribeye steak?
                I've had the Ribeye. It was OK. I know there is an unwritten rule for many not to have steak on an aircraft but I end up having it quite regularly as I don't eat seafood and I find it OK. Some obviously better than others.

I have forgotten to Book the Cook on my last 4 flights, which is annoying since I do like Nasi Biryani for breakfast when heading back to Europe.

I agree they are long overdue to change the menu, it's been the same for a while. As a non seafood eater I also dislike the seeming obsession with seafood style starters virtually all the time. I got a Ham and Cheese Salad starter recently and felt like doing cartwheels round the cabin I was that pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I do like Nasi Biryani for breakfast when heading back to Europe.
                  My favorite choice if I'm taking SQ318! (That's for the nasi biryani, not for the flight departure time. )
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                    Since then I have always tried to avoid ordering steak onboard a plane.
                    I've had the wagyu beef SQ ex-NRT and the NY strip steak MAXjet ex-JFK - both had plenty of fat and were quite tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

As a non seafood eater I also dislike the seeming obsession with seafood style starters virtually all the time. I got a Ham and Cheese Salad starter recently and felt like doing cartwheels round the cabin I was that pleased.
                      I am a non seafood eater as well. I have no seafood marked in my preferances and sometime leaving SIN (Never had it from any other station)they load a special starter for me.

Comment

This weekend, I will try the high-praised Beef Bulgogi for SQ1.

Comment

Please provide us with a feedback comparison on how it stacks with OZ's (if you've tried their's).
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            This weekend, I will try the high-praised Beef Bulgogi for SQ1.
                            Definitely is better than jumbo scallops.

Comment

SQ should improve its Chicken Rice to a famous Hawker Centre local style of just chicken breast meat, with sweet soy sauce...!

Comment

Working...
                              X