No announcement yet.

UA Domestic F...How Do You Guys Do It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Domestic F...How Do You Guys Do It?

Did multiple searches for a thread that remotely addressed this, but couldn't find one...

Just flew my first UA flight in 10 years. ORD=>SFO. Looked on seatguru and couldn't find a seat pitch greater than 38 inches. How in the world do you guys fly this airline? AA has the super old 763's, but their pitch is 60 inches.

I was on UA's 777 in 1F. Everything seemed fine until they moved some 1K's up from Y and the old dude who got seated behind me kept whacking my chair because when I reclined (I was hung over and needed to sleep in a MAJOR way) he only had about four inches to move in and out of his chair. Shot him the stink eye quite a few times.

Terrible product! Made me really hope the rumors of VX flying the route in March are true...
    HUGE AL

hehe....I usually don't take UA in F (usually in Y of course) from ORD-SFO but I understand what your saying. I just got back from that trip as you know and I made some observations in the 763 cabin. The "first" seemed to have seat pitch of what a premium economy should have. Their economy plus did not seem to have 5 inches of extra legroom either, it looked like SQ economy to me in terms of pitch. And their Y class, ah yes-it seemed to have like 30 inches of pitch. My father's knees were crushed and I could not recline as the average sized woman's knees forced it into near upright position. I also remember 2 years ago when i was sitting on a UA 777 from ORD-PVG and the PTV fell out of the seatback! I really dunno why I fly UAL, for some strange reason its just the airline my family has had allegiance with for flying domestically no matter how crap they are. It's probably also because they are part of Star Alliance as they have connections to SIA, Thai, and ANA-especially SQ. I too am wishing for VX to do this route.
    Last edited by sqforever; 26 November 2007, 10:53 AM.
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Man, after the trip you just had...and flying in Y...I really feel for you! I can't even imagine how bad it is in the back.

I forgot to mention the overhead bins. I thought they changed the interiors when they took delivery of the 777's long ago. Guess that wasn't the case.

It's because of this that the F, 1K, 1P, etc. all queue up in line (totally sucks when you're flying hub to hub). I remember asking the guy in front of me if I was indeed flying UA and not WN.

I'm really renewing my BD Gold (which they have yet to status match [does it normally take more than two weeks?]) the hard way...
      HUGE AL

Comment

UA does have a flat bed for domestic F, but it is solely on the flagship p.s. route LAX/SFO-JFK. Still don't feel it is worth paying $4-5K rt for a flat bet unless you are flying the West-East Coast Red Eye.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

We suffer in UA domestic so we can accrue miles that we can use on REAL airlines.

Like SQ, NH, OZ, TG and so forth..

Of course, if we could use SQ to fly for example, from SFO-New York that I'd do so in a heartbeat. Damn FAA & unions.

And compared to US, UA isn't really as awful as it could be!

Comment

Huge Al, you are correct that first on UA domestic is not that nice, usually. The exceptions are Premium Service to JFK and when there is a three class domestic plane. In most cases, domestic first on UA is a far inferior product to international business on UA. There are no foot rests usually in first and the leg room is not as good as in some exit rows in coach.

Sometimes I don't even think it's worth using my e-500 milers to upgrade, though I would usually do it. I use CR1's for longer flights, like the one you mention between ORD and SFO. At least you get food in domestic UA first on the longer flights, and recently hot soup is a nice addition!

Comment

Working...
            X