Following jjpb3 footsteps... TG F, SQ F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following jjpb3 footsteps... TG F, SQ F

I followed almost all of jjpb3 footsteps with his experience in TG F. So far so good.

Is this the shortest TR?
    Last edited by SQFAN; 26 November 2007, 06:37 AM.

You mean you have massage right now?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN
      I am writing this trip report (TR) from the lounge of the Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok.
      Love that place.

Comment

... I was on yahoo messaging with a SQTalker and he planted a seed in my mind. Why not try LHR CX F lounge? Hmm..that sounds like a good idea.
        How were you going to try the CX F lounge if you had a *A BP?

Awaiting further installments eagerly ...
        Last edited by jjpb3; 27 November 2007, 02:24 AM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3
          You must be in a really relaxed and happy mood now, SQFAN.
          Naughty CGK, I wished I was having a massage. Maybe a Balinese one int he future. Now, I am in the BKK IC Lounge, drinking proper coffee. Aaahhhhhh

Comment

Looking forward to the pictures!

Why not try LHR CX F lounge since I had BA[G]?
            Two problems - with a *A ticket, BA[G] gets you into a BA (not CX) lounge; and only the J side.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Looking forward to the pictures!

Two problems - with a *A ticket, BA[G] gets you into a BA (not CX) lounge; and only the J side.

OIC...thank goodness I did not venture there...oh, the potential walk of shame...

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                OIC...thank goodness I did not venture there...oh, the potential walk of shame...
                Ahem, see also the first part of Post #5.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Ahem, see also the first part of Post #5.
                  I did...one day, I'll learn to multi qoute.

Will post pics on Monday at earliest.....

Comment

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Comment

What can I say but I was not terribly impressed with the hotel. The hotel entrance was at level 3 (ie above the normal Orchard Road level). Upon entry , one is greeted by a wide lobby with capsule elevators on both sides.

Enquired about an upgrade and was told I got a 'preferred room' at level 7. Oooh, sounds exciting. Made my way up and found my room was basic with a view of the massive Hotel (Grand Central?).

Nothing to write home about and would I stay in this SPG property? "No way" in that this hotel is nothing that special and there is this feeling of 'zhap' (sorry- don't know the translation from Cantonese)...
                      I thought KeithMEL's experiences (also borne out by the rest of us) would have convinced you to stay away from this pathetic hotel. Tsk tsk.

Comment

Excellent pics as usual, SQFAN.

(And I thought I'd bump your TR up, because it would be such a shame if your edits to your placeholders get missed. I hope you see why placeholders don't work well with TRs, particularly if SQTalkers comment on the work-in-progress posts? )

Comment

Laksa... yummy...
                          Did you talk to the gentleman who serves laksa?

Comment

OK - all done. Tired. Just got back and posted all these. Gone past midnight and have to get to work in a few hours time.

I thought KeithMEL's experiences (also borne out by the rest of us) would have convinced you to stay away from this pathetic hotel. Tsk tsk.
                            Agreed but I booked the hotel very early on before I did a proper search.

(And I thought I'd bump your TR up, because it would be such a shame if your edits to your placeholders get missed. I hope you see why placeholders don't work well with TRs, particularly if SQTalkers comment on the work-in-progress posts? )
                            Point noted and I did notice it this time round.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            Laksa... yummy...
                            Did you talk to the gentleman who serves laksa?
                            You mean the chinese bloke? Afraid not but along the lines "Please can I have a bowl of laksa" plus a very hungry look on ym part.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              OK - all done. Tired. Just got back and posted all these. Gone past midnight and have to get to work in a few hours time.
                              Much gratitude from me for the excellent TR, SQFAN. Truly enjoyable.

Nighty-night and sweet dreams.

Comment

Working...
                              X