HKG-NRT-HKG KA Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKG-NRT-HKG KA Business

After reading YK@HKG KA F report, I plan to share this OLD flight report here. 33L was deployed on KA NRT route,although this route has been abandoned. The long haul lie-flat seat is nice and not worse than the F one on 33R. Massage function is one of the features of this seat.

Date: 31MAY2007
    Destination: Tokyo Narita T1
    Flight No : KA360
    Boarding Gate: 30
    Aircraft Type: A330-300 (33L)
    Seat: 11D - > 11K
    Loading: 8/30 in J (we have 4 people traveling)

Boarding Pass (so soft)

View from 11H

Legroom(Enjoying the massage function)

Headset is not here (unlike CX)

Headset

This seat is nice,I had slept for 3 hrs

Brother B-HYF is working for other boss

JLs + CA

Arrived

Comments:
    -KA check-in counters are very crowded in the morning no matter Y J or F. Hope they would get more counters to match their expansion

-Apologize that no KA lounge photos were taken as I spend all the time to wait for my colleague who is PRC passport holder

-No towels for KA J pax

-The seat itself is way better than CX one. Although it is a flat bed,its recline angle is greater than CX's. I managed to sleep around 3hrs on this 4 hrs flight.

-Service is ok but crews are not as professional as CX. ISM/CP did not come up to introduce herself to the pax in J

- No AVOD

- No queues for immigration upon arrival. But I guess it wouldnt happen on T2.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Date: 03June2007
      Flight No: KA361
      Departure Aiport: Tokyo Narita T2
      Departure Time: 1545 delayed to 1650
      Aircraft Type: A330-300 (33L)
      Seat: 15H
      Departing Gate: 77
      Arrival Gate: 43
      Baggage Claim: 5
      Loading: 80% in Y and J

Wa.......lots of people are waiting..Opps...check-in couters open at 1315.

MPC/OW members, J and F pax hv to queue too

Boarding Pass and Lounge Pass (all CX product)

On the way to arrival hall (my dad needed to say hi to someone)

Time to have my lunch

T2 looks better than T1

Hand Letter shops

It costs cheaper than those CXs.

Comment

Carpet is very new

Brand shops,don't let your gfs know them.

Trains to other side of T2

Oh my god

So tired,time to take a rest

Comment

Never seen this in other CX lounges

If you don't have lounge access,you might have to use it before flying long haul.

200Yen for 10 mins (correct me if I am wrong)

[

Comment

Smoking Room

This gate is really far

Many people

The side of NRT T2

Dragon Sunrise

Comment

Comment

Reading Light

Table (produced on Aug2006)

A little bit complicated

Back home soon la..so tired.

Comments:
                - KA flights depart and arrive at NRT T2 instead of T1 after 1June2007.
                - New CX NRT lounge is a good place to drink (very nice beer), but it is not a good place to charge (always running out of food) and rest (very crowded,considering CX451,KA361 and CX521 and possibly CX505 pax are coming the same time)
                - Food was loaded at NRT,so they taste very good (should be better than CX)
                - Seat 15G is not working on HWJ.
                - Crews are politer than those on CX. 3 crews+ ISM/CP were serving in J.
                - Champagne is not cold enough. What's wrong with HWJ/Catering department?
                - Our flight was departing after CX521
                - I would pay for KA J to NRT again if they are still providing cheap J packages (HKD 7500+tax per person including 3 nights hotel in Keio Plaza and breakfast) although I don't think they would resume this route.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Hi ny911

Very nice trip report indeed! Dragonair's Business Class looks very nice indeed as compared to JAL Executive Class Seasons. Legroom on Dragonair's business class seems more roomier. Club ANA Business class (new style) with their cubicles has a bit more legroom to spare, but the same concept seen on your pictures.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, ny911.

Comment

I especially liked the summaries after the pictures built up impressions. Very nice, informative TR.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Oooh, I do like the novelty of a window in the toilet.

Comment

Man your lunch looks damn good... kinda make me wish I am back there again. I was there mid this year and enjoyed every minute of it!

Comment

A very informative TR with lots and lots of photos I certainly didn't take many photos inside the aircraft and on the airport itself.

The Business Class seat certainly looks very comfortable and it should be A330-Type 3 Aircraft.

I would be on the lookout if I can travel on these to Kaohsiung next month. The aircraft will be A330 but I am still not sure if its Type 2 or 3 How can I confirm the specs of the aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                              A very informative TR with lots and lots of photos I certainly didn't take many photos inside the aircraft and on the airport itself.

The Business Class seat certainly looks very comfortable and it should be A330-Type 3 Aircraft.

I would be on the lookout if I can travel on these to Kaohsiung next month. The aircraft will be A330 but I am still not sure if its Type 2 or 3 How can I confirm the specs of the aircraft?
                              I did put this report to another HK forum,which perfers more airport and cabin view photos. I would be pleased to take more photos if I am good in mood.

As regard of 33L (the type 3 of 330),the config is 0F30J270Y. Now it is normally deployed on Dhaka and TPE,but not KHH.

Comment

Working...
                              X