Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Indian carrier would you like to see joining Star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Indian carrier would you like to see joining Star?

Please let us know your choice and if possible reasons leading you to it.
    Air India
    18.18%
    Jet Airways
    68.18%
    KingFisher
    13.64%
    Other
    0.00%
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

AI because I like puke on the floor and toilet paper running out half way through a long haul flight.

Comment

Kingfisher! IFE, cheaper than Jet Airways, better domestic F, better ground handling.

Comment

My vote is for Jet Airways. Hey, for an hour flight serving champagne, red and white wine with full lunch is a plus. And yeah the IFE is great.
        KingFisher? I think someone says the beer is not that great.

Comment

Air India since it's going to be joining anyway.

Comment

Don't care. never been to India and never flown on an Indian airline

Comment

Quality. Not quantity. Vote goes to 9W.

*A needs to get the few remaining great airlines out there: VS, 9W, EY. And that's it. Leave the rest to the poorer alliances.

Comment

I've only ever flown to India on SQ and TG so I am in no position to say who is the best. However, I don't think AI are that highly thought of.

From what I've seen and read, I do like the boss of Kingfisher, and don't mind the odd drop of his beer. So I would join Savage25, who knows about these things, and go for them if pushed.

Comment

ManFlyer, if so, please vote
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I've only ever flown to India on SQ and TG so I am in no position to say who is the best. However, I don't think AI are that highly thought of.

From what I've seen and read, I do like the boss of Kingfisher, and don't mind the odd drop of his beer. So I would join Savage25, who knows about these things, and go for them if pushed.
                    I've done about 10 flights on AI, 20-odd on 9W and 3 on IT, and IT is by far the best, but I'll take 9W without hesitation as well.

AI business is cr@p, schedules are horrible and I never got miles credited to their own FF program for 5 out of 6 flights in business after 3 months of sending copies of boarding passes twice, so I'd definitely not want them in *A.

Comment

Definitely not AI, for reasons outlined above. (Especially by Savage in post 10.

Never tried IT myself.

Am quite impressed with 9W though. Both domestic and international.

Comment

9W seems to be spreading itself even wider:

http://www.jetairways.com/MSIB21/Tem...ACHEHINT=Guest

Mumbai, November 30, 2006: Effective December 1, 2006, Jet Airways, India’s premier airline, will offer five new programme partners for its Frequent Flyer, Jet Privilege members, which will provide more options for accrual of JPMiles.

Jet Airways has forged frequent flyer alliances with Air France and South African Airways. It has also partnered with “Worldhotels” which has over 500 properties worldwide, with telecom service provider Sim Airways to stay connected with the world with ONE international roaming number, and AVIS, the car rental provider with whom the partnership has gone global with over 5,000 car rental locations to choose from.

Jet Privilege members can now accrue and redeem JP Miles by flying Air France from Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and onwards to 185 destinations across the globe. Similarly, Jet Privilege members taking South African Airways flights from Mumbai to Johannesburg can get themselves conveniently connected to 34 cities in 25 countries, and access to over 20 South African domestic routes. JP members can also accrue and redeem JPMiles by flying South African Airways.

Comment

And from GUWonder in TOF:

Jet ties up with American Airlines

Jet Airways has entered into a special code sharing (SPA) agreement with the world’s largest carrier American Airlines for India-US flights.

Travellers from various regions in India will have the convenience of using Jet Airways’ network to reach London and then fly onwards to Chicago and beyond on American Airlines.

“This agreement ensures seamless travel to Chicago with one ticket from India including baggage. This will also boost sales of both Jet Airways and American Airways,” industry analysts said.

The fleet of American Airlines, including its regional airlines, numbers more than 1,000 aircraft.

Sources close to the development said American Airlines was also now in talks with Kingfisher Airlines for a possible interline agreement to connect other domestic destinations through the latter’s network. Senior executives of American Airlines and Jet Airways confirmed the development.

Earlier, American Airlines had signed a code share contract with Air Sahara. “We will not discontinue the code share contract with Air Sahara in the light of new interline agreements,” said an American Airline executive.

When contacted, American Airlines executive declined to comment adding “it is too early to comment on that”.

Meanwhile, Kingfisher has concluded an extensive interline agreement with Delta Airlines. This agreement would allow Kingfisher Airlines to carry all Delta Airlines passengers arriving into Mumbai to their final destinations in India.
                          I really can't see where 9W is headed with this

Comment

I like to see Jet Airways as part of STAR ALLIANCE because their service is nice.
                            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                              I am sorry to have to say this bue I don't want to see any of these Indian airlines joining *Alliance.

I do not like these flights full of screaming kids and crying babies. My experiences with Air India long ago have proved to be rather unpleasant.
                              You're basing your judgment of all Indian airlines by your experience on the worst of them?

Comment

Working...
                              X