Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK boosts its flights Down Under

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

The expansion will include direct services to Melbourne and Sydney by 489-seat Airbus A380 superjumbos equipped with showers, lounges and other features the airline says will not be seen on competitors.

The airline will double its Brisbane flights, adding a second daily service from October next year using new A340-500 aircraft to operate non-stop to Dubai. Bigger Boeing 777-300ER aircraft fitted with the airline's latest cabins will fly on the service via Singapore from July.

Melbourne will move from two to three daily services in February 2009, while Sydney will gain a third non-stop service later that year. The expansion uses all but 14 of the additional weekly flights allocated to Emirates for the nextfour years by the federal Government.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

showers? My god... i can't imagine how the shower box could be after few pax having a shower :X
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Never understood the showers thing, how much extra water will they need to carry for these ?.

What happens if you're in the shower and the captain whacks the seatbelt sign on as you're about to hit heavy turbulance ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        What happens if you're in the shower and the captain whacks the seatbelt sign on as you're about to hit heavy turbulance ?.
        Maybe we'll see a new "shower safety belt"?

Comment

Does it mean that current flights via SIN to BNE and MEL would be cut?
          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

I don't think it will be cut. They are just adding flights with A380 fly direct to MEL and SYD from DXB. I can imagine Geoff Dixon must be kicking and screaming with more EK flights sweeping their passengers away.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              You make a dash out of the showers.... come hell or high water, or nekkid (probably), you gotta be back in your seat

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                You make a dash out of the showers.... come hell or high water, or nekkid (probably), you gotta be back in your seat
                That would be a pleasant (or not so pleasant) sight to behold.. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Do a dry run and post your pics, MAN Flyer, and let the jury decide. (This here sounds like a tough audience, I have to warn you.)

Showers in the A380: I can't imagine how that would work, unless DXB-Oz is a relatively turbulence-free flight. Hmmm ... we'll have to wait for the first-hand accounts.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                  X