Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Lufthansa!

Sunday night i travelled LH longhaul after several months

I arrived very early at JFK for my JFK-FRA, incoming from LAX with AA. AA had the brilliant idea to reward me for the thanksgiving with a wonderful gift: bag lost (3 bags out of 3 mirsrouted in a row).

Before meeting berlinflyer and his fianceč (in the english version of the term! LOL) i went at LH.
    At the ticketing counter i asked if it was possible upgrading myself to F with vouchers even if i was booked under UA code: the clerk told me it was possible but actually F class was fully booked.
    Then i checked in and i got my BP for 3A. Soon after i went to the lounge (it was more or less 17.30) and gave my bp to the GA asking to put me in the list for upgrade with vouchers if someone no-showed for F.
    After a light meal outside the lounge with berlinflyer and his fianceč at 8 o'clock i came back to the lounge but situation has not improved and the agent told me i had very few possibilities.
    Then i spent all the remaining time (btw the flight was delayed to 10PM) in the lounge, working seriously.
    When the flight was called, i picked up all my bags and reached the lounge exit, and at the desk i asked for my BP.
    Unexpectedly the agent gave me the new boarding pass for F class and u can fancy my happiness and my face.
    Astonishingly the agent added "this is the BP for First class... it's *complimentary* by Lufthansa!"... I gazed her face speechless and simply said "thank you, i really appreciate it".

Right now, i'm still surprised from this since it's very strange to me they gave me a free upgrade when i clearly offered myself to upgrade with vouchers.
    Probably many of you now will say that they did so because of the fact C was full or oversold and they were in the need to upgrade pax. But on the other side their choice to not take advantage of my e-vouchers is really impressive and strongly improves my opinion of LH.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Very nice!

It couldn't have been an oversold situation as UA cannot oversell its codeshare. So I reckon they're truly being nice.

The more cynical (paranoid?) theorists would of course offer that they're trying to grab UA's share of your ticket to piss UA off and will shortly proceed to present a bill to UA for your passage on LH F.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      But on the other side their choice to not take advantage of my e-vouchers is really impressive and strongly improves my opinion of LH.
      The main thing is whether you were traveling as a SEN and whether you are talking about your SEN e-vouchers or some UA SWU's - this could possibly make a difference - you were probably in their system as SEN, which is why this op-up came so easy...LH takes care of its' own....as I am experiencing now - but yet to get the op-up experience as SEN, and at least not this year, as have to qualify using LH sectors on my UA1K account...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
        The main thing is whether you were traveling as a SEN and whether you are talking about your SEN e-vouchers or some UA SWU's - this could possibly make a difference - you were probably in their system as SEN, which is why this op-up came so easy...LH takes care of its' own....as I am experiencing now - but yet to get the op-up experience as SEN, and at least not this year, as have to qualify using LH sectors on my UA1K account...
        definitely not. I was booked with BD FF# in the PNR.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          definitely not. I was booked with BD FF# in the PNR.
          Better yet! Congrats!

Which vouchers, btw!

Comment

Congratulations on the op-up, Luke. Very nice of LH to do that.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

You lucky lucky boy

Comment

congrats Luke.

Comment

Nice story and congratulations on the op-up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Very nice!

It couldn't have been an oversold situation as UA cannot oversell its codeshare. So I reckon they're truly being nice.
                    It's not a question whether the UA allotment was oversold but whether C in general was oversold, most likely because oh LH overselling its own seats.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                      It's not a question whether the UA allotment was oversold but whether C in general was oversold, most likely because oh LH overselling its own seats.
                      Wouldn't they upgrade LH pax first in that case?
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Congrats on the op-up

Comment

Lufthansa loves LukeGT.
                          LukeGT doesn't love me.
                          Lufthansa doesn't love me.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            Lufthansa loves LukeGT.
                            LukeGT doesn't love me.

I don't think the Aristotele's Philosophy works this way.
                            =)

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post

S'ok. As long as we love you

Comment

Working...
                              X