SFO lounge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO lounge question

I will be flying ICN-SFO-YVR in C on SQ. SFO-YVR is an SQ codeshare but operated by AC.
    There is a 9 hour layover, 11.00 am - 8.00 pm in SFO.
    If it was a layover in SIN or ICN I would have no problem, I would just book a dayroom or use the lounge. I am wondering what the best lounge would be to use for this time. I am not really interested going into town after a long flight and would rather just relax, even sleep.
    I guess no hotel around the airport would give a room for the day?
    Does anyone have any experience for such a long layover in SFO?

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
    I will be flying ICN-SFO-YVR in C on SQ. SFO-YVR is an SQ codeshare but operated by AC.
    If it was a layover in SIN or ICN I would have no problem, I would just book a dayroom or use the lounge. I am wondering what the best lounge would be to use for this time. I am not really interested going into town after a long flight and would rather just relax, even sleep.
    If you are not conducting any business in SFO, why not take SQ18, to YVR instead, of course it only 3x weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by wenkroy2 View Post
      If you are not conducting any business in SFO, why not take SQ18, to YVR instead, of course it only 3x weekly.
      I would very much love to do that but the flight is booked for the whole week I am trying to get back home - December 18th.
      The best other option was SQ 16 to SFO.
      There was the AC nonstop but I rather change planes in SFO then taking a plane where seats are most likely held together by duct tape.

If I don't find a good way to spend the 9 hours I might spend the night at a SFO hotel and continue the next morning. I do have some friends living in the East Bay and I do love the whole BAY area - used to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
        9 hours at SFO will be a pain. You can go to the city using BART which costs about $11 roundtrip.
        Since I know you are a *G and flying AC, you will be able to use UA RCC. But I don't think it is a good place to sleep/nap for that long hour.
        Since USD is pretty low now, perhaps staying overnight in SF would be a good idea. Christmas shopping and visiting friends?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          9 hours at SFO will be a pain. You can go to the city using BART which costs about $11 roundtrip.
          Since I know you are a *G and flying AC, you will be able to use UA RCC. But I don't think it is a good place to sleep/nap for that long hour.
          Since USD is pretty low now, perhaps staying overnight in SF would be a good idea. Christmas shopping and visiting friends?
          Thank you CGK, it looks like that's the way to go - spending the night in S.F.
          I found a way to book it via NRT-LAX-YVR with a shorter transit time but who wants to go through the whole procedure of LAX immigration then wander over to Terminal to for the Connecting flight.

By the way, how is SFO immigration usually, better or worse then LAX?

Comment

If you ask whether I want to take NRT-LAX (SpaceBeds) or ICN-SFO (New C), I will weigh the New C as a significant factor.
            LAX or SFO immigration, it really depends on personal matters. I know I always have a hard time going through SFO because of my passport. But, yes, SFO is less hectic than LAX.
            Flying AC to YVR, of course lounge-wise, LAX is preferable because I like NZ Lounge at T2 there.
            In short, for the whole trip, with the variables you mention so far, I would do ICN-SFO for the comfort of New SQ C which make the whole trip more pleasant.

Comment

Just as an update, I am confirmed on SQ 16 arriving in SFO at 11.05am, connecting to SQ 1046 (operated by AC) at 8.10pm to YVR.
              I was able to get a day room at the Hyatt Regency SFO for $ 109.00 for a regular room or $ 139.00 with bayview, which I really appreciate, so I can rest and don't spend the night but still get home the same day.
              If anyone is interested the dayroom is bookable from 10.00am to 6.00pm.
              I checked also with STARWOOD but they had no hotels in the area that would book dayrooms.

Thanks for everyones help and info.
              Looking forward to my first more then 6 hour flight in the new business class seat, though that seems to be out now and the A380 is in.

Comment

Working...
              X