Air India to join Star Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air India to join Star Alliance

Terrible airline, but they are huge and will fill a huge gap for the Alliance.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/N...how/548171.cms

Air India set to join Star Alliance

NEW DELHI: The state-owned Maharaja Air India is getting into the big league in global aviation market. AI has reached an agreement to join Star Alliance, one of the leading groups of international airlines, as a part of its global expansion plans.

This would make AI the first Indian carrier to join a global alliance. Air India chairman V Thulasidas confirmed the move, but refused to divulge details.

"We are joining an international alliance. A non-disclosure agreement has been signed, and we would make a formal announcement on joining the alliance by December-end," Thulasidas said.

Comments?
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Can we have a vote on this?

NAY!

I'd rather have 9W or EY and that's it. *A's getting way too big. The leftover alliance....erm...I mean SkyTeam would accept them gratefully.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84
      I'd rather have 9W...
      9W would be good - hear very nice things about them. Alas, speculation points to 9W joining smallworld (oops I mean oneworld).
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

If I were an AI executive, I would choose SkyTeam better because SkyTeam is more better suited than STAR ALLIANCE.
        "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
          If I were an AI executive, I would choose SkyTeam better because SkyTeam is more better suited than STAR ALLIANCE.
          And if I was a levelheaded *A executive (read Jaan Albrecht), I would block AI's entry.

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
            Air India joining Star Alliance ?

This is really bad news.

Another el cheapo airline...
            No no no....there should be a question mark in the title. No official news at this moment.

Comment

Working...
            X