VS Y seats (HKG-LHR) - Any opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VS Y seats (HKG-LHR) - Any opinions?

I'm trying to get onto SQ for my usual fly back to UK on 11th January but it seems that the tickets are priced at RM6200!! No tickets on the 12th Jan either. So am looking at various alternatives, and one of the is below: -

KUL - SIN - HKG on SQ RM1600
    HKG - LHR on VS RM3600

Now I am just wondering how is the VS Y service on this route? Any opinions/feedback or reviews?

Cheers!

Have you tried KLM?

Comment

I think quik! is trying to get some Elite or KrisFlyer miles with this trip.

If the Y seat on this leg is the same as the one they have TATL, you better bring a good lumbar pillow and neck pillow. Those seats are torture (and I'm sure the seat pitch is less than the official figure).
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

KLM is not in my radar as I'm strictly on *A diet

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
          VS isn't in *A, ya know.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

TG is carving out a niche as the cheap (but not so cheerful) Star Alliance sibling...

Comment

As jjpb3 has already said, VS aren't *A, but if you want to have a look at some TRs of HKG - LHR - HKG on VS, have a look here, and select VS200 or VS201 from the drop down menu.

Nick

Comment

TG would be your best bet then. Have you looked at LH ?.

If you were collecting in BD DC you could get destination miles on QR.

Comment

VS codeshare with Air New Zealand for *A Miles. VS201 & 200 are operated by A340-600 which stops in Hong Kong enroute to Sydney. New seats in economy should all be introduced, from the recent upgrade of Premium Economy. Pitch is up to 32", although new seats should be quite thin. IFE is AVOD & called V-PORT. It's comparable to SQ Krisworld & EK ICE.

Comment

Originally posted by Nottingham Nick View Post
                    As jjpb3 has already said, VS aren't *A, but if you want to have a look at some TRs of HKG - LHR - HKG on VS, have a look here, and select VS200 or VS201 from the drop down menu.

Nick
                    Thanks for the link. Not many recent TR on the Economy seats. The current ones report bad crew and bad seats and this is in June 2006. Are the seats still the same then?

Oh yes, I know VS isn't A*, but VS is probably my next best bet as it still earns me KF miles (and bonus miles) and at the same time allowing me to enjoy the benefits of *G.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      TG would be your best bet then. Have you looked at LH ?.

If you were collecting in BD DC you could get destination miles on QR.
                      Thanks, MAN Flyer

TG - have tried that the last time, no PTV, definitely won't be going back for the BKK-LHR route. Seat was okay though.

LH - tried that once, again, no PTV, worst crew service I had ever experienced. Seat was appalling even for average Asian height. It looked excruciating for the taller Caucasian guy on my right.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                        VS codeshare with Air New Zealand for *A Miles. VS201 & 200 are operated by A340-600 which stops in Hong Kong enroute to Sydney. New seats in economy should all be introduced, from the recent upgrade of Premium Economy. Pitch is up to 32", although new seats should be quite thin. IFE is AVOD & called V-PORT. It's comparable to SQ Krisworld & EK ICE.
                        I've been on the new PE seats when they were first introduced and they were amazing! But for this trip, definitely not getting on that cabin. I just managed to pull a more recent trip report on Y on VS flyer, and it seems that it isn't all bad. I quite like the V-PORT but I found it rather unintuitive to use. However, the design looks amazing, something that is just very.. Virgin.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Not many recent TR on the Economy seats. The current ones report bad crew and bad seats and this is in June 2006. Are the seats still the same then?
                          Over the past three months, the VS200 has been a A344-600 100% of the flights. This means V-Port, the AVOD system that VS use. See this page, for a breakdown of which aircraft is currently flying each route.

The most common complaint by some VS fliers recently seems to be that some crew are more interested in planning their down route time than actually working.

I must say that this has not been my experience and IMHO, this only applies to a few crew, but the service you receive will go a long way to making or breaking your flight, and it seems to be an all too common complaint recently.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X