Singapore Christmas Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Christmas Scenes

Last edited by CGK; 18 November 2007, 03:49 AM.

Thanks for that CGK... is my first impression. So so white. I remembered the previous year's decoration being lots of green lighting and rather colourful compared to this year's drab white.

Comment

Maybe it's supposed to evoke a winter landscape, SQFAN ... notwithstanding the balmy tropical weather.

Can't wait for my one-evening stopover at Christmastime.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        Thanks for that CGK... is my first impression. So so white. I remembered the previous year's decoration being lots of green lighting and rather colourful compared to this year's drab white.
        Or else, is it my camera which make them all white?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Maybe it's supposed to evoke a winter landscape, SQFAN ... notwithstanding the balmy tropical weather.

Can't wait for my one-evening stopover at Christmastime.
          Indeed - agree with your assessment of what STPB is trying to do.

My post made references to the colour. I should have posted about the style of previous years. It's was more 'fluidic' and there were lots more lights; with greens and reds blending well together. I believe MovieMan posted some pictures in the past.

Comment

When I was heading to Food Republic to meet upright man, I thought why tourists taking pictures. That's when I realized the x-mas lights were on. But I was late for the meet. Thus only took the picture in the section where I am familiar with, i.e. Orchard and Scotts.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              My post made references to the colour. I should have posted about the style of previous years. It's was more 'fluidic' and there were lots more lights; with greens and reds blending well together. I believe MovieMan posted some pictures in the past.
              Yup--that's true.

Here are a few for comparison--taken two years ago. Previously posted elsewhere, but since it is that season again...

It does look more colorful than this year's lights.
              Last edited by MovieMan; 18 November 2007, 01:15 PM.

Comment

So they say "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Christmas" in Singapore (see first of CGK's pics)?

Two years on, still awesome pics, MovieMan.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

God how I wish I was back there.............

Comment

I was wondering what they would look like this year. Last weekend they had most of the decorations up but not yet lit. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Comment

sigh, not long until I'm seeing those lights for real

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                        I was wondering what they would look like this year. Last weekend they had most of the decorations up but not yet lit. Thanks for sharing the photos!
                        We can ask our friends who based in SIN to take the pictures in the same location as MovieMan's to make real comparison.

Comment

Excellent, I'll see those next week. When did they switch them on ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Excellent, I'll see those next week. When did they switch them on ?.
                            The Christmas Light-Up started on 17 Nov and runs through 2 Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                              The Christmas Light-Up started on 17 Nov and runs through 2 Jan.
                              But, I was in Singapore 12th November when taking those pics. Hmm perhaps MAN Flyer can post the current ones... I did not see that HRH SQFAN posted any from his trip last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X