Business Traveller's A380 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Traveller's A380 review

Unbelievable that they pay a reporter to fly in J for such a blah report, and to ask dumb questions like "Where do I go up?"....

Used to the Boeing B747, where one climbs the stairs to the upper deck, I asked the SIA girl upon entering: “Where do I go up?” She giggled, saying: “You are already up.”

Flight check: Singapore Airlines A380
    Singapore-Sydney, A380 business class

BACKGROUND Singapore Airlines launched its first scheduled A380 flight at the end of October, on the Singapore-Sydney route. Business Traveller sent Margie Logarta, the editor of our Asia-Pacific edition, to try out the business class service onboard the superjumbo.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...-airlines-a380

Margie Logarta is the Editor in Chief of the Asia Pacific edition IIRC, and yeah sometimes reading her Flight Check made me smile. In her latest HKG-MEL/SYD (?) QF J report, she wrote something like "there is no better way to fly to MEL/SYD".

"A nice way to fly", perhaps. "No better way?"

Comment

She probably meant flying direct HKG-SYD/MEL instead of transiting in SIN, and in that case for HKG-MEL at least there's arguably NO better way to fly. *ducks from flames*

(says he who's overnighting in HKG just to get on to the QF flight the next morning instead of the CX flight on the same day)
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Anyhow, there was no need to use it on the wok-fried beef in black pepper sauce with garlic, concocted by SIA resident culinary consultant Sam Leong, which melted in the mouth, but was a bit too fiery for my palate.
        Hmm her palate must be very very very bland. I had the same meals couple days ago. I would not categorize it as too fiery. I must say I did not taste the pepper that much.

After the movie I asked a passing flight attendant to set up the bed, which she did by pulling down the back rest which stretched out to make a 76-inch fully-flat bed. Sheets, the duvet and an extra pillow had been behind the seat all this time. I slipped in and before I knew it, they were shaking me awake for the continental breakfast. Sensitive to turbulence, I felt some through my slumber but the A380 held on very well and didn’t shake enough to rattle me.
        Be warned. Her review could lead to the interpretation that a turn down service is given in C-class. The FSS obliged to her request by making her the bed. And we all know that in C-class, each pax makes their own bed, i.e. self-service.

Comment

I think until people become more aware of how to make the bed in the new C class, the FSSs will be doing a lot of turndown... the cabin was filled with people trying to figure it out when I flew back to Singapore a few days ago..
          Her final review is excellent though..

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            "No better way?"

She must be a lufthansa fan then

Comment

I like reading Margie's reports, even with their inaccuracies. I think she expresses many of the views (and misconceptions) of mid-tier frequent travellers.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Not too bad in comparison with other reports of airplane news in mainstream newspapers. For example some days ago when that A346 ran into a wall at Toulouse one newspaper read "this was the second crash of this type of aircraft in two weeks".

As if the crash at Quito was connected to this one in any way :wall:
                Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                X