EK - Australian Expansion Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK - Australian Expansion Plans

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any plans by EK to increase capacity on flights to/from Australia. On a number of other forums their is speculation that there will be an announcement sometime in the next two weeks which could include a decision on the deployment of their A380's when delivered, an increase on services to BNE and possibly the introduction of flights to ADL.

Is it co-incidence about this speculation concerning ADL. The ADL flights would be great but I would be surprised. Although, there has been some media reports here in Adelaide that at least 2 international airlines are exploring introducing flights to ADL with a request for a lifting of the night time curfew even suggesting arrival times into ADL at 2330hrs and just after midnight. I ask myself could this be EK?

The South Australian Government has publicly stated their disgust at the lack of international QF services (only 3 per week ADL/SIN) now that they have ceased ADL/AKL flights whilst praising SQ (with additional Sat flights during the peak Dec/Jan period), CX and NZ with their daily flights. There is strong opinion about forcing passengers from ADL to fly to either MEL or SYD to connect internationally. Could this be a chance for EK to make inroads as well as possibly looking at an extension to AKL or WLG.
Working...
X