PEK AIrport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEK AIrport

got a 5.5hr layover in PEK. ANy idea of how to pass the time???

Chinese airports's were never good for transits. IMHO.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Does anyone know if T3 will have a SKL or *A Lounge?

Comment

sitting right now in PEK SK affiliate lougne in T2. Was hoping to take a look at T3 which opened yesterday.. but the hassle of getting there is all too much.
        The lounge in T2 is very poor.. so dissappointed. Anyway cant wait to make way home.. and even get a shower in T3 in Sin. only a single shower here and dirty.

So be prepared for a boring stopover.. 5.5 hours kill me! Just spent 5 hours here myself.

Comment

Pictures!

Found the below sites with lots of pics.

http://bbs.feeyo.com/posts/306/topic-0016-3068676.html

http://bbs.feeyo.com/posts/306/topic-0016-3068350.html

Absolutely stunning! Can't believe that it only takes 4 years to complete construction, while it take ard 8 years to complete SIN T3 which is less than half the size?

Not sure abt this, but feel that some parts of the airport looks a bit like HKG. Esp the signs indicating the check-in row.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
            Can't believe that it only takes 4 years to complete construction, while it take ard 8 years to complete SIN T3 which is less than half the size?
            Changi's T3 was planned to open earlier but SARS back in 2003 changed all that.

Comment

*Thread Ressurrection!*

Seems like there's not too much info I can find on this airport. Hoping for a bit of help here!

Right now, about all the info I've come across is that there's a T3 (where SQ lands/departs from) Star Alliance Gold lounge. Is this an Air China lounge? I heard that SQ F pax use Air China's F lounge... how many lounges are available to someone on a Star Alliance ticket?

I am trying to decide whether to burn out the last of my KF miles in a blaze of glory in F, J or buy a normal Y ticket, and upgrade.. so please help me to decide!

Since this is the swanky new airport on the block, does it have a separate F/J check-in/immigration-customs area?

Do *G pax in Y use the same lounge as the J pax, how about F pax?

Do I have to be prepared for lengthy queues at immigration (departing 4pm in the afternoon)? Will everyone generally be asked to open up all their bags/get searched? How long should I allow myself if coming from the city centre to the airport? (I heard around 35 minutes? I haven't decided where to stay either, so I've heard Wangfujing is a decent area, not sure if it's that's where any SPG properties are... am keen on using a SPG Free Weekend Night at the St Regis..)

In short - I have no idea what to expect from PEK, so hoping it will be a pleasant experience rather than a horrible one.

Comment

Hi Kyo,

You must be taking SQ805. I was taking SQ803 about 2 months back in F, there is a lounge which is called Beijing Aviation Ground Services (BGS) Lounge which have 2 sections, J and F. I believe *G will use J section as well. Seriously, this lounge sucks, I was in F in early morning, & the food sucks, very little variety. It is just a very small lounge which I think is available to some other airlines as well.

As for your journey, from Wang Fu Jing, journey will take about 45 mins or so without congestion by car. Morning immigration was fine, so I cannot answer for the afternoon flights. I recalled you need to take the skytrain once you are inside transit area, only after the skytrain ride then you will pass immigration. I remember baggage screening is a breeze as many counters were operating in the morning, so no worries I guess.

Wang FuJing is a nice area, usually lots of shopping within walking distance, I stayed at Grand Hyatt Beijing before, just beside it is the huge Oriental Plaza, as for SPG hotels, sorry I am unsure.

Comment

Thanks feb01mel - very useful. For my own knowledge, can you advise if there is a separate immigration / check-in / Fasttrack for J/F pax? Supposing there is, my flight is now changed over to an Air China departure, and also would like to know if both SQ/AC have this benefit?

I will ask more about PEK locations in another thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Thanks feb01mel - very useful. For my own knowledge, can you advise if there is a separate immigration / check-in / Fasttrack for J/F pax? Supposing there is, my flight is now changed over to an Air China departure, and also would like to know if both SQ/AC have this benefit?

I will ask more about PEK locations in another thread..
                    Morning , Kyo

I believe there is a separate check-in ( J/F ) counter for both CA/SQ . but dont dream about that for security / immigration . ..

Comment

Kyo,

No separate lane for immigration or fast track for J customers.

Only check in then you will have a separate J class counter.

OH My, why are you changing to Air China now?

Comment

feb01mel: So that I can take a walk on the wild side!

Since it's my first experience in China, I thought I'd give the local Star Alliance carrier a whirl..!

Tis a pity they don't operate F on the return sector back to SIN.

I must admit I'm quite surprised to learn that the supposed most advanced/futuristic airport doesn't have a separate premium Fasttrack immigration area. Even for pax on their own national carrier. I suppose fighting the hordes means getting to the airport 2.5 hrs beforehand?

Comment

For u smokers out there beijing terminal 3 does not have a smoking room!U can only smoke outside the terminal!Just as well the air quality is almost like in a smoking room

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                            Found the below sites with lots of pics.

http://bbs.feeyo.com/posts/306/topic-0016-3068676.html

http://bbs.feeyo.com/posts/306/topic-0016-3068350.html

Absolutely stunning! Can't believe that it only takes 4 years to complete construction, while it take ard 8 years to complete SIN T3 which is less than half the size?

Not sure abt this, but feel that some parts of the airport looks a bit like HKG. Esp the signs indicating the check-in row.
                            Yes, they have to omplete it before Olympic start. Impressive airport.
                            Cannot compare SIN T3 as basically we depent on workers from other countries to do the hardware.

Comment

Hi all,

Does anyone if for a transit at PEK, does one need to go landside? OZ->SQ connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X