Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johor Bahru to SIN and v.v.

Hi
    Trying to fly back from Borneo to SIN but the flights are not easy. Air Asia is easy to Johar Bahru. How difficult is it to get from there to a connecting flight to ICN from SIN?

I am flying on OZ Dec 9 to ICN at 2240. How much time do I need to get from Johar Bahru to Chiangi? IS Air Asia often late?

Thanks!!!
    P.S. Awesome forum

Well, you have to get across the causeway and depending on the trafffic, it can be quite horrendous at times.

If all goes well, I would estimate 2.5 hrs to be on the safe side from landing to check-in time.

Options include bus or taxi. I've not done Bus from the JB airport to SIN but only to the MAS office.

Comment

Taxi is the easiest option, I believe it will cost around SGD40 from JB to Singapore.

Air Asia does have delays at times, I had 2 flights with them before and one was delayed by 30min due to mechanical problems. I believe, taking the earliest morning flight will help to minimized any delays due to planes arriving late from other destinations.

EDIT: Found this info from wikitravel... http://wikitravel.org/en/Singapore#Get_in
      Hope this helps..
      Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 9 November 2007, 05:15 AM.

Comment

it all depends what time you get into JB, if you get in at peak times you might be waiting for a while

Comment

Go for the taxi. It's more expensive but also more convenient.

If you do elect to take the bus, you'd have to disembark for immigration. The queues at the immigration check points can also be pretty appalling. You have to go through immigration twice - once at the Malaysian side and another time at the Singaporean end.

The process for taking the bus is somewhat like this:
          1) Queue up for bus to Malaysian immigration
          2) Queue up to clear outbound Malaysian immigration
          3) Queue up for another bus across the causeway to Singapore
          4) Queue up to clear Singaporean immigration/customs
          5) Either catch taxi to Changi Airport or queue up yet again for bus to train station.....
          Not for the faint-hearted.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Some people run dedicated taxi services between the two airports, and it was RM 160 IIRC. I'd budget closer to 3 1/2 - 4 hours for this schlep. It's a fair bit longer than the EWR/LGA/JFK or LGW/LHR schlep, and includes a passport control check.

Comment

3.5 to 4 hours??? serious

My flight leaves SIN at 2240. My flight arrives at Johor Bahru at 1800. Enough time?

By the way I am DEFINATELY taking a TAXI

Comment

Quite frankly, the land connection from JHB to SIN is not easy. There are too many variables which risk you missing your connection (finding transportation, immigration, traffic)...

If cost is not the primary factor, I would even suggest flying into KUL, then KUL-SIN, to connect to your SIN-ICN. The actual travel time would not be much different, and there are fewer variables which can screw-up.

Comment

Silk Air can be a better alternative as it flies direct from Kota Kinabalu and Kuching to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                    Silk Air can be a better alternative as it flies direct from Kota Kinabalu and Kuching to SIN.
                    Yes if the OP has not booked his AK flights yet - MI would be a much better option. I'd rather pay more to save the hassle of crossing the border.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The road link is not as bad as discussed above if you take a taxi and use the 2nd link bridge. It's a much longer route but it's multi-lane highway all the way from JHB to SIN. I've driven the route in under 1.5 hrs. The only major variable is the line at immigration getting into Singapore on a Sunday evening. That could add up to 1-2 hours to your travel time. Taxi drivers usually will know the fastest option given the time of the day.

Have you considered flying via KUL instead? If you haven't booked your OZ flight, see if you can fly out of KUL and fly AK or MH to KUL from Borneo.

Comment

Working...
                      X