Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans-Tasman: NZ or QF?

Need advise, please.
    If taking Y-class, from SYD to AKL, which one is more comfy for the 3-hours ride, NZ or QF?
    If in C, I am sure QF will have advantage for the new lounge at SYD.
    Any suggestions, comments, or tidbits? (Note: EK is not considered in the person who ask this question. )

I've only done this in NZ Y once back in '04 on their 763. It left me unimpressed. Just a mere food service and that was about it. I think there was a movie but there wasn't anything that left a deep impression

Comment

Hmm may be QF is worth to do in Y with the lounge access as mid-level OneWorld...

Comment

Actually, the NZ lounge in SYD was nice

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Actually, the NZ lounge in SYD was nice
          True... but from the Lounge thread, QF has newly designed lounge in SYD. Thus, it's interesting to see the new modern style QF lounge.

Comment

Hi,
            As AKL base flyer....i have to admit i never again take NZ flight unless there is a must...since i had a very bad experience with NZ in 04. Now i only do QF or EK on transtasman route...

Comment

Your friend needs to be flying QF in F or be top tier oneworld emerald to access the new QF Flounge in SYD (I think that;s the lounge you're referring to?). They are now building a new J lounge but I'm not sure when it's ready. Your friend will have access to a temporary lounge with midtier oneworld sapphire status. So if he has OWE - go QF for sure. If only OWS - the NZ lounge is better for the moment.

Catering - you'd get a nicer meal on QF. NZ's gone sub-LCC on the tasman route and you only get a light meal, either a pie or a chicken salad usually - presented in a cardboard box. You still get a full meal service on QF.

Seats - much of a muchness. The NZ A320s can be pretty nice, but their 767s are far inferior to QF's. I am not certain what kind of equipment NZ uses across the ditch from SYD atm - IIRC 767s but do check.

Service - generally pretty good on both airlines.

Also, beware that the cheapest NZ fares won't earn any miles at all.

Hope that assists.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 November 2007, 03:04 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Catering - you'd get a nicer meal on QF. NZ's gone sub-LCC on the tasman route and you only get a light meal, either a pie or a chicken salad usually - presented in a cardboard box. You still get a full meal service on QF.
                God damn it the pies nice though, yummy....

That might be, though, because I had the munchies from getting too pissed in the NZ lounge....

Comment

Working...
                X