• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LHR] SKL C

Access:
    • *A C BP
    • *G
    • Any BP or status that trumps the above (e.g., *A F BP, Solitaire)

Tips:
    • It's one of the benefits of flying SK intra-Europe. The TG folks will try to steer you towards the SK Lounge; just say no.
    • Turn left when you get to the junction where the path from the T3 shopping area joins the paths to the gates. It will be further down (leftwards) from the SK Lounge.
    • It's one floor above the departure level. If you don't have heavy hand luggage, take the stairs. The elevator is very slow (though charming in its un-modernized way).
    • The hot food tends to be available when the SQ passengers are expected to show up (roughly 3-4 hours before departure). That's OK; the lounge is open outside those hours. The sandwiches and munchies are still better than what can be found in the SK Lounge.
    • For alcoholic drinks, you'll have to order from the staff at the bar. It's no big bother. The staff (reception and bar) are very friendly.

Some pics:

Pretty good window views (though the views are usually of SK aircraft, not as international a panorama as the views from the VS CH -- but occasionally you'll get a peek of a Golden Goose-decorated tailfin, as in the first picture below ):

Munchies bar; wine/G&Ts requestable from the bar located left towards the front of the picture (where you see the bar stools; this area is to the left as you emerge from the stairs):

Last edited by jjpb3; 7 November 2007, 08:21 PM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Nice to see that one again. Thanks for the pics, jjpb3!

Comment

You make me longing for visiting LHR SKL again...

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        For alcoholic drinks, you'll have to order from the staff at the bar. It's no big bother. The staff (reception and bar) are very friendly.
        While I agree that the staff are very good, I've not found the need to order from them on each of my visits to the SKL. Many times they leave wine and/or a few spirits on the counter.

Best, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bseller View Post
          While I agree that the staff are very good, I've not found the need to order from them on each of my visits to the SKL. Many times they leave wine and/or a few spirits on the counter.

Best, Dave
          Hmmm, I guess they take them away when they know I'm coming. My recent visits have been for the early afternoon SK or mid-morning UA/AC flights, and at those times, there had been no wines or spirits on the counter. (When I'm on an SQ flight, I prefer to be in the VS CH.) I just assumed that their policy had changed, rather than ascribing the practice to the specific times I've been there. My bad.

Welcome to SQTalk, Dave.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Have not been in SKL C for a period of time. But once I was chatting with the "excellent-Singapore-Slings" lady, and she said the staff will have breaks certain times. Thus, the bar occasionally would not be manned.

Comment

Solitaire flying non-SQ will go to the C section.

Comment

So I'm sitting in the LHR SKL C side and I gotta say...it's...um...sparse. The lobby was nice, but the seating area is not up to standards.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  So I'm sitting in the LHR SKL C side and I gotta say...it's...um...sparse. The lobby was nice, but the seating area is not up to standards.
                  That lounge is way to small for the pax allowed to use it.... Nothing great about the place and I have seen many other paid lounges with a lot more offerings... The SK Lounge in LHR is probably a better bet..
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I affectionately call the LHR SKL J lounge the solarium
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                    X