Ipods at Changi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipods at Changi?

This may seem like a odd question but, i have an Ipod touch ( ) but one of my friends wants me to buy her one but i was wondering, stores like lifestyle electronics and Dufry, do they sell Ipods? im sure they would, but has anyone looked at their prices lately? The stores don't have a website to look at. I just wondered if they were a littttllle bit cheaper than what i paid!

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by SQ77WMEL View Post
    This may seem like a odd question but, i have an Ipod touch ( ) but one of my friends wants me to buy her one but i was wondering, stores like lifestyle electronics and Dufry, do they sell Ipods? im sure they would, but has anyone looked at their prices lately? The stores don't have a website to look at. I just wondered if they were a littttllle bit cheaper than what i paid!

Thanks guys!
    Ipods are not that much cheaper in Singapore off the top of my head, better off buying in Australia if thats where the person is based and claiming GST back on exit from Australia...

Easier with the local warranty then etc...

The electronic stores in Changi have always struck me as a bit crappy...

Comment

Actually, few weeks ago, I was checking ipod prices around asian regions and australia. HK seems to be the cheapest. Singapore and Australia prices don't differ much, even with the GST refunded due to high Australian dollars at the moment.

Comment

Yes HK does seem the cheapest according to the CommSec Ipod report...

http://images.comsec.com.au/ipo/Uplo...fc9b0dc403.pdf

Comment

The stores don't have a website to look at.
          Have to rush out now... but some outlets at Changi list some of their prices here:
          http://shopping.changiairport.com.sg...cat=98VQoa3Nbd

You might want to look around.
          Last edited by StarG; 4 November 2007, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, i read that thing about HK being the cheapest, but just wondered about changi. Ipods dont change price in Australia, cause apple sets the price.

I can get one for $380 AUD on way out of Melb, which is pretty good seeing as i paid $419 for my 8gb.

I might just buy her a stupid ipod nano, if she doesnt like it bad luck!!

Comment

Thanks guys, i read that thing about HK being the cheapest, but just wondered about changi. Ipods dont change price in Australia, cause apple sets the price.

I can get one for $380 AUD on way out of Melb, which is pretty good seeing as i paid $419 for my 8gb.
              When I went to San Francisco, I went to Apple store and saw the price for i-Touch 16GB as USD399. I think 8GB was $299 or $249 (was not interested in the less memory, thus did not pay attention)

I might just buy her a stupid ipod nano, if she doesnt like it bad luck!!
              I would be upset if I asked for i-touch and I got nano. It's completely different product, different usage, and different in the sense of being hip & cool.

(OOPS, I am an old man here. I should not talk about hip and cool. Those belong to the place of happening's SQTalker. )

Comment

Just an update!
                Certain someone loves unlocked iPhone and I am so envious!
                Well, at least my iTouch was working very well in posting those so-called "spam."

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Just an update!
                  Certain someone loves unlocked iPhone and I am so envious!
                  Well, at least my iTouch was working very well in posting those so-called "spam."
                  I can't imagine who you might be talking about that their unlocked iphone.

Comment

Anyone knows how to get an unlocked iPhone from the US?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite
                      I thought you already had the answer to that?
                      Hmm doesn't remember what one of the great midwesterners had told me. (Hint: margaritas, greygoose, gins )

Comment

A friend of mine bought an iPod at HKG some months ago... seemed to be a reasonable price.
                        Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          Anyone knows how to get an unlocked iPhone from the US?

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post

Make that a double

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                              Make that a double

Two SQTalkers will have my X-mas gift!

Just kidding!

Comment

Working...
                              X