Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption nominees changes questions

Dear all expert,

I'm a long time lurker and have always enjoyed reading the forum. Now, I needed some help with Krisflyer and here is my scenario.

1) 08/04/07 - Added 4 names to my redemption nominees list
    2) 19/06/07 - Added fifth name to my redemption nominees list

Today, I called up Krisflyer to enquire why I was not able to remove names from my redemption nominees list and was told that my last changes was done on 19/06/07. I challenged that since Krisflyer own T&C states that adding names are not considered a change, so I should be allowed to delete names now. After putting me on hold, I was told that once I added ALL five names, I will have to wait 6 months before any changing/deleting can be made again.

After hanging up, I logged in to my spouse account which currently has 2 names on the list and the remove function was not there as well. It appears that the Krisflyer website treats adding of name as a change, as such you will have to wait 6 months before you can remove anyone. Imagine adding someone as an authorised nominees so that they can booked their ticket without troubling you and wanted to delete them away afterwards, but have to wait 6 months before you could do that.

Below are Krisflyer own T&C and FAQ where I get the information from:-

Krisflyer T&C
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Uti...NomineeTAC.jsp

Krisflyer FAQ link
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...es.jsp#Header1
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...es.jsp#Header3
    https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...es.jsp#Header5

What are your views on the above?

Thank you.

Aaron
    Last edited by aaronx88; 1 November 2007, 03:38 PM.

Welcome to SQTalk aaronx88.

Unfortunately I don't know the ins and outs of rules for the nominees lists, but it does strike me as a bit strange. Have you tried calling again and talking to a different agent ?. It's one of the Golden Rules of FFP's when you think you have been given incorrect information!.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, aaronx88.

I believe that the idea is to prevent fraud. This is prevent someone who managed to access your account illegally, added a nominee, issued a ticket and remove this nominee all done within a couple of hours. Thus you would not even know that this occured.
      Similar concept in internet banking where you are not allowed to delete the payee account for a fixed period of time after creation.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense!. A PITA for Aaron maybe, but I can see why they would have that system.

Comment

Hi all,

I submitted a feedback to Krisflyer few days back in order to receive an official response. I received a call today and the consultant still insist that I cannot do a deletion now. She seems very inexperience and what makes me angry is she does not even read the full feedback which includes the link to the T&C and FAQ. I basically told her that my interpretation of the T&C and FAQ seems to contradict what she told me. She told me that she will need to investigate further and get back to me officially via email.

I quote from the following from T&C and FAQ above:-

Members can change nominee authorisation status or make deletions in their Redemption Group for a service fee, regardless of the number of changes or deletions. Once a status change or deletion has been carried out, further changes or deletions can only be carried out after six months. There is no fee for adding names to a Redemption Group (as an addition of names is not considered a change).*

There is no fee for adding names, as an addition is not considered to be a change.

While you can nominate up to five individuals as your Redemption Nominees, any deletion or change of name can only be made once every six months.

For security reasons, once a change or deletion has been made to any one of the existing list of nominees in your account, no further changes or deletions to your list of nominees can be carried out, until six months after your last update.

Basically, I read the above as changing the authorisation status, deleting or changing the name of an existing nominee will constitute a change and I cannot perform these 3 actions again until six months later.

Thank you.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
            Welcome to SQTalk, aaronx88.

I believe that the idea is to prevent fraud. This is prevent someone who managed to access your account illegally, added a nominee, issued a ticket and remove this nominee all done within a couple of hours. Thus you would not even know that this occured.
            Similar concept in internet banking where you are not allowed to delete the payee account for a fixed period of time after creation.
            Dear SuperJonJon,

This is an interesting argument. However, the fraudster cannot do the last bit which is remove this nominee since his action of adding his name will be considered a change.

Also, there is a difference in Krisflyer system to that of the banking industry. In the banking system, all you need to do is to change your internet banking/phone password and there will not be further damages done to your account. However, in Krisflyer system, the fraudster can still called up Krisflyer and continue to issue tickets for themselves since they are still an authorised nominee and you CANNOT change their authorisation status to NO or remove their name since you can only do this six months later. I believe in six months time, all the miles will disappear from your account. In short, you cannot do anything to stop the fraudster eventhough you discovered it from day one.

Thank you.

Aaron
            Last edited by aaronx88; 3 November 2007, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to update.

Finally got an official email from Krisflyer stating that adding a nominee is not considered a change and I dont have to wait 6 months to remove a nominee.

Now, I would have to submit a form manually since the online system still does not allow me to remove a nominee. (someone need to fix the online system)

Thank you.

Aaron

Comment

aaronx88, thanks for giving us the update. I'm very happy things turned out well for you (albeit after a bit of time and with additional effort required). I agree with you, they need to fix the online system.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                X