Straits Times advertisement: AK wins CAPA award for 'Airline of the Year'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straits Times advertisement: AK wins CAPA award for 'Airline of the Year'

Hi People, was reading todays newpaper and saw a full page ad from AirAsia. They had won the Airline of the Year 2007. Funny part is how they put it.

"The BIGGEST AWARD this didn't go to a premium, expensive carrier! We don't have the biggest plane on the planet and we don't spoil our guest with the best luxury that their money can buy"

Wonder which carrier they were talking about? hehehehe

Sigh...the power of marketing. The Centre for Asia-Pacific Aviation's airline of the year award's main criteria is for airlines "that has had the greatest impact on the development of the airline industry in the region"...unless they consider larger aircraft as a form of "development"!
    Help make this article a better one!

Comment

In fairness, AK did have a huge impact on the airline industry in Asia Pacific. They effectively pioneered low cost travel in the region. So, using that criteria, I'd say it's a well-deserved award.

But of course it'd be rather different if AK tried to pass it off as some form of service recognition award.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        In fairness, AK did have a huge impact on the airline industry in Asia Pacific. They effectively pioneered low cost travel in the region. So, using that criteria, I'd say it's a well-deserved award.

Precisely. I for one, am glad they're around.

Comment

Working...
        X