PDA

View Full Version : Latest Toys and Stuff on SQ

CGK
23rd November 2006, 12:37 AM
Well, there is still no playing cards on any of my SQ flights in th epast three months.
For the toys, I got rugrats, and just now received barnyard from the lovely FA as well as the menu on C and Y. :biggrin:

Singapore_Air
23rd November 2006, 08:52 AM
Apparently playing cards have been withdrawn as they contain the dreaded numbers "2006". Also the costs of the items have been hived to Airbus :biggrin:

globetrekker84
23rd November 2006, 09:01 AM
Apparently playing cards have been withdrawn as they contain the dreaded numbers "2006". Also the costs of the items have been hived to Airbus :biggrin:

Heh. Seriously? Guess those "First to Fly in 2006" stuff are going to be pretty sweet collectibles.

CGK
24th November 2006, 06:42 PM
Hoorray, got another "Barnyard" and one 'Rugrat." Cawhite, do you want to get the rugrat?

globetrekker84
25th November 2006, 05:36 AM
Hoorray, got another "Barnyard" and one 'Rugrat." Cawhite, do you want to get the rugrat?

I'll take the Rugrat if cawhite doesn't want it.

StarG
25th November 2006, 11:28 AM
My kids keep getting something my wife said is a starfish from the SpongeBob series... To me it looks like the germ model they exhibit in the dentist. :biggrin:

globetrekker84
25th November 2006, 01:32 PM
My kids keep getting something my wife said is a starfish from the SpongeBob series... To me it looks like the germ model they exhibit in the dentist. :biggrin:

Patrick Star! (Wow I'm really showing my age.) :smile:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/46/Patrick.jpg/250px-Patrick.jpg

Rejuvenated
25th November 2006, 02:09 PM
Would Mr. Teddy Kristoff also be considered a toy?

SQflyergirl
25th November 2006, 02:15 PM

I like him! Now i even know his name!:biggrin:

StarG
25th November 2006, 05:28 PM

Ah... there it is.
It looks more like germ, no? :biggrin:

I like the Snoopy series better than the newer ones.

jhm
26th November 2006, 04:37 AM
Rugrats ? Barnyard ? Spongebob ? Pah! I'll stick with SQ Hello Kitty, thank you very much. :smile:

globetrekker84
26th November 2006, 05:50 AM
Ah... there it is.
It looks more like germ, no? :biggrin:

I like the Snoopy series better than the newer ones.

The Peanuts characters are just classics. Although the Spongebob characters are great too.

CGK
26th November 2006, 05:57 PM
I'll take the Rugrat if cawhite doesn't want it.
cawhite accepted my Rugrat. :wink: Well next week when I fly to SIN, I will try to get more. Will let you know. :smile:

KeithMEL
26th November 2006, 07:10 PM
cawhite accepted my Rugrat. :wink: Well next week when I fly to SIN, I will try to get more. Will let you know. :smile:

Wanna courier one my way too? :hello2:

StarG
26th November 2006, 11:18 PM
I have an extra rugrat series toy - a girl with yellow hair holding a flower.
My daughter got two and didn't want this one.

jjpb3
26th November 2006, 11:25 PM
I have an extra rugrat series toy - a girl with yellow hair holding a flower.
My daughter got two and didn't want this one.
Oooh, my niece gets dibs on that (even though globetrekker84 could practice his come-on / chat-up lines on it :tongue3: ; just teasing, gt84 :wink: ). StarG, YGPM.

StarG
26th November 2006, 11:33 PM
Blonde girly doll taken.
Anybody wants the starfish? I have two extras. :biggrin:

jjpb3
27th November 2006, 12:36 AM
Blonde girly doll taken.
Anybody wants the starfish? I have two extras. :biggrin:
:biggrin: Is it all right if I ask for the extras again? :biggrin: I'll try not to tell my niece and nephew about the uncanny resemblance to germs.

YGPM.

(P.S. I feel like I'm on ebay! :wink: )

StarG
27th November 2006, 12:41 AM
Of course it is all right. :) Only if you promise not to tell. ;)

Edited to add: I just checked the items and it turned out that I only have ONE extra Starfish for now. Sorry about that.

CGK
14th March 2007, 11:56 PM
From the News Release 13 Mar 2007:

Fly With Your Favourite Characters From Charlotte's Web Only On Singapore Airlines!
13 March 2007

This March and April, Charlotte and the ever-adorable Wilbur the pig from the hit children’s movie, Charlotte’s Web, will accompany young travellers onboard Singapore Airlines.

Besides the adorable plush toy, children will be entertained by the various activity packs which includes games such as Spot the difference, Tick Tack Toe, Connect the dots and a 3D farm.

Charlotte and friends, and the activity kits are available on all flights to and from Singapore (with the exception of the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur service). In addition, children can catch the movie – Charlotte’s Web on Singapore Airline’s KrisWorld Inflight Entertainment System’s dedicated Young Ones channel.

Children of all ages will also stay entertained by the wide range of the latest movies, including Happy Feet, Flushed Away and The Incredibles, or have their pick of the most popular television programmes and cartoons including all time favourites SpongeBob SquarePants and the Rugrats.

Children can also enjoy music from the wide range of CDs which includes High School Musical and Disney Mania 4 or pit their gaming skills against each other, selecting from one of the largest game menus in the sky. Games include Disney’s Winnie The Pooh, Pokémon™ Gold, Tik Rack Toe and Bejeweled.

School-going children may also try learning a few foreign phrases before they arrive at their destinations with KrisWorld’s every popular interactive language learning programme Berlitz® Word Traveler that features 22 languages.

Editor’s Note:

Based on the classic children's novel by E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web is a story revolving around a little pig named Wilbur. Fern (a little girl on the farm where Wilbur is born) is one of only two living beings who see that Wilbur is a special animal. She then decides to raise him, the runt of the litter, into a terrific and healthy pig.

As Wilbur moves into a new barn, he begins another profound and unlikely friendship with a spider named Charlotte. Their bond inspires the animals around them to come together as a family.

When word gets out that Wilbur's days are numbered, it seems nothing short of a miracle can save his life. A determined Charlotte spins words into her web in an effort to convince the farmer that Wilbur is "some pig" and is worth saving.

Charlotte's Web is an animal fable that deals with several important aspects of a happy life: friendship, heroism, constancy, and death.

StarG
15th March 2007, 01:23 AM
Sorry to be a bit OT. Some examples of kids activity packs from CX:

For youngsters (boy) age 7-12 ex-HKG flights:
http://www.geocities.com/b773/CXKidsPackM.jpg

For juniors (girl) age 3-6 for ex-HKG flights:
http://www.geocities.com/b773/CXKidsPackF.jpg

KeithMEL
1st December 2007, 12:42 AM
From the first of December 2007, a new Cartoon Network range of toys will be available on all intercontinental flights. This range includes "Powerpuff Girls" and "Ben 10". "Powerpuff Girls" and "Ben 10" will also be shown on Krisworld.

For regional flights, the current range of Dora and Spongebob Squarepants toys will continue to be distributed. The new Cartoon Network range of toys will only be available upon depletion of existing stock.

up and away
1st December 2007, 01:30 AM
"Powerpuff Girls"
I always have to grin reading this name. It sounds quite strange to people who speak German because "Puff" means whorehouse in German. No wonder it isn't shown in GER :biggrin:

singaporu_kooku
1st December 2007, 08:11 AM
Oh I love Powerpuff Girls, but I still missed the Snoopy. I wish they can bring back the Snoopy soft toys for some of us who still young at heart :(

CGK
1st December 2007, 10:50 AM
..., but I still missed the Snoopy. I wish they can bring back the Snoopy soft toys for some of us who still young at heart :(

I remembered Snoopy had gone for a while. :sad11: After paying lots of money for the rights to Peanuts (Snoopy) characters, SQ realized that 'dogs' are not quite accepted by some pax, More importantly, a lot of kids do not know the Peanuts Characters! :smile:

singaporu_kooku
1st December 2007, 12:55 PM
I heard about that, CGK. Many kids these days do not know what Snoopy is, hence SQ's decision to abandon Peanuts characters. I don't understand the fascination with Spongebob characters though :P

LionCity
1st December 2007, 03:49 PM
I heard about that, CGK. Many kids these days do not know what Snoopy is, hence SQ's decision to abandon Peanuts characters. I don't understand the fascination with Spongebob characters though :P

Nor do I. The toys do come in useful when I am on a tight overseas trip and I suddenly remembered to get something for my little one. The FSS and FS are always helpful and willing to give me some toy to bring home.

up and away
2nd December 2007, 03:49 AM

Probably because he aint got no pants?:rolleyes:

MovieMan
2nd December 2007, 03:57 AM
Probably because he aint got no pants?:rolleyes:

No pants??

Which show are you watching? :biggrin: :tongue:

http://sisu.typepad.com/sisu/spongebob.jpg

up and away
2nd December 2007, 06:56 AM
Ever watched the start of the show?

Savage25
2nd December 2007, 08:01 AM
Isn't Donald Duck the one with no pants? :biggrin:

up and away
3rd December 2007, 03:30 AM
No, watch the start of the spongebob series. He's shown for some moments without pants (I know that because some girls from my class used to think he was "cool" because of that :biggrin:)

KeithMEL
3rd December 2007, 05:05 PM
A pic of the new toys:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/2082792557_f9416e887e.jpg

MovieMan
3rd December 2007, 10:41 PM
A pic of the new toys:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2378/2082792557_f9416e887e.jpg

Reminds me how creepy looking those Powerpuff Girls are! :5eek:

jjpb3
3rd December 2007, 11:31 PM
KeithMEL, are those the toys you snuggle up with when you're ready for some zzzz's? :eek3: They look zombie-like. (I don't understand the next generations, I tell you. :tongue3: )

KeithMEL
3rd December 2007, 11:41 PM
KeithMEL, are those the toys you snuggle up with when you're ready for some zzzz's? :eek3: They look zombie-like. (I don't understand the next generations, I tell you. :tongue3: )

Those are just some samples for SQTalk. I can assure you that my toys look nothing like Powerpuff Girls. :cool2:

jjpb3
3rd December 2007, 11:53 PM
Those are just some samples for SQTalk. I can assure you that my toys look nothing like Powerpuff Girls. :cool2:
:eek3: My mind is reeling. TMI. :eek3: :eek3: :5eek:

:wink: :biggrin:

KeithMEL
4th December 2007, 12:13 AM
:eek3: My mind is reeling. TMI. :eek3: :eek3: :5eek:

:wink: :biggrin:

Which toys were you actually referring to? :confused: :eek3:

;)

jjpb3
4th December 2007, 12:20 AM

;)
I dunno. Haven't seen your bed, or interviewed someone who has. :redface: Probably my imagination runs too wildly. :biggrin:

KeithMEL
4th December 2007, 12:25 AM
I dunno. Haven't seen your bed, or interviewed someone who has. :redface: Probably my imagination runs too wildly. :biggrin:

Slow day at work? :D A cold shower helps. ;)

jjpb3
4th December 2007, 12:28 AM
Slow day at work? :D
Nah, the evils of procrastination.

I'll stop now. :tongue3: :biggrin:

CGK
4th December 2007, 01:38 AM

;)
You must have a trunk of toy collections by your bed! :tongue: :biggrin:

KeithMEL
4th December 2007, 01:58 AM
You must have a trunk of toy collections by your bed! :tongue: :biggrin:

I can neither confirm nor deny such a speculation. ;)

CGK
4th December 2007, 02:01 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny such a speculation. ;)
Is that a standard political answer? Or an answer from lawyer in the making? :wink: :biggrin:
But really, my perception is when someone answer "neither confirm nor deny" the probability is very high for being true! :smile:

MAN Flyer
10th December 2007, 05:08 PM
Singapore Airlines has enhanced its suite of amenities, entertainment and giveaways, created specially just for young travellers, through a partnership with Cartoon Network Enterprises. This partnership will see Cartoon Network toys available and designed exclusively for Singapore Airlines’ young flyers.

The suite of children-oriented options includes a whole new range of Cartoon Network toys and Fun packs, Cartoon Network shows, the Singapore Airlines’ bedtime bear, lunch boxes, as well as kid-size headphones and sockettes.

The Cartoon Network giveaways will be available to children on Singapore Airlines flights (with the exception of the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur vv services).

The first series of giveaways includes PowerPuff Girls and Ben-10 themed crayon packs with art books, plushes, phone pouches, key chain wallets and activity packs. More giveaways featuring other Cartoon Network characters will be rolled out subsequently throughout the year.

Mr. Yap Kim Wah, Senior Vice President of Product and Services, Singapore Airlines said, “We are delighted to roll out this suite of amenities and services shortly after the A380. This shows how important young travellers are to Singapore Airlines.”

“Through surveys and feedback with our young customers, we have found Cartoon Network Enterprises to be the ideal partner who is able to help us bring high-quality and popular toys, amenities and entertainment to our young travellers. The highly popular Cartoon Network characters such as the PowerPuff Girls and Ben 10 will be available on all Singapore Airlines flights. We are confident this new introduction will further enhance our young flyers' travel experience.”

Besides toys and games, special children’s menus are also available. Favourites including burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, and chicken nuggets are offered on Singapore Airlines children’s “Book-The-Cook” programme, Yummy. Soon available in 2nd Quarter 2008, children meals will be served in specially designed lunch boxes on long haul flights, which children can take home.

Young travellers can also look forward to new colourful headphones by mid-2008, specially designed for their additional comfort and enjoyment when they use Krisworld – Singapore Airlines’ Inflight Entertainment System.

Children will be spoilt for choice with the wide range of entertainment options available on KrisWorld. Young flyers can watch their favourite Cartoon Network shows such as Ben 10, PowerPuff girls, Codename: Kids Next Door and many others in a specially dedicated Young Ones section.

KrisWorld also includes a children’s audio channel on which junior flyers can listen to audio stories and the latest selection of children’s music such as High School Musical 2, and the most current children’s movies such as Ratatouille.

KrisWorld also offers one of the largest games selection in the sky. This includes popular titles such as Pokemon, Super Mario Bros and Disney’s Winnie the Pooh. The selections include 3D and multi-player PC games such as Battleship® and Multi-player Mahjong, which children can play against each other, wherever they are seated.

I'd rather have the Dom back...:frown:

up and away
11th December 2007, 03:55 PM
I'd rather have the Dom back...:frown:

Yeah, children sleep better with Dom than with some plastic toys :biggrin:

dsim
10th August 2008, 10:11 PM
what do the kids get these days on board SQ economy? last year
(dec-08), my kids collected powerpuff soft toy and ben-10 coloring books.

cattwl
12th August 2008, 11:10 PM
How abt headphones? Any diff type for kids?

dsim
12th August 2008, 11:15 PM
How abt headphones? Any diff type for kids?

the crew passed the same headset for us (adults and kids)...

sohjonathan
15th August 2008, 11:08 PM
the crew passed the same headset for us (adults and kids)...

Yes.. From experience, I believe the headsets for adults and children are exactly the same..

sohjonathan
15th August 2008, 11:10 PM
what do the kids get these days on board SQ economy? last year
(dec-08), my kids collected powerpuff soft toy and ben-10 coloring books.

The toys that kids receive vary with time.. SQ changes their toy selections periodically, so it'd all depend on whether the kid likes that selection..

dsim
6th October 2008, 09:26 PM
guess sponge bob is no longer available?

http://cherrythian.com/a-date-with-spongebob-squarepants/

Kyo
6th October 2008, 10:31 PM
Yesterday, they were giving out Ben10 packs.

Something resembling a really large bendable plastic mousepad, a lanyard, and a sticker/book set.

StarG
6th October 2008, 11:26 PM
My son received a Ben 10 watch on a recent flight.

jjpb3
9th October 2008, 09:45 PM
I heard SQ is launching some new amenities aimed at children, such as:

Cartoon Network lunch boxes that children can take with them
Children-sized sockettes
Children-sized, colorful headphones

Specific flights will have these amenities (for example, the lunch boxes will be on flights 7 hours or longer).

SQ LPP
9th October 2008, 10:14 PM

Children-sized sockettes

Specific flights will have these amenities (for example, the lunch boxes will be on flights 7 hours or longer).
Sounds cool! :thumbsup: I need a lunch box! :smile:

Note: I remember there was a thread regarding toys and stuff. Perhaps the MOD can merge it in one. :wink:

dsim
9th October 2008, 10:46 PM
Sounds cool! :thumbsup: I need a lunch box! :smile:

Note: I remember there was a thread regarding toys and stuff. Perhaps the MOD can merge it in one. :wink:

i tried to search for such a thread, could not find it... :confused:

Children-sized sockettes

are these amenities for economy class? :rolleyes:

SQ LPP
9th October 2008, 11:18 PM
i tried to search for such a thread, could not find it... :confused:

I just remember the discussions about getting Snoopy, etc etc... so perhaps the researcher here can find us the link! :wink: Or else, may be it's in the other forum? :biggrin: May be mixed up with other OT threads. :smile:

are these amenities for economy class? :rolleyes:
Children-sized sockettes are for premium class. ( As far as I know, the Y class socks can fit kids.)
Lunch boxes should be available to all classes. Headphones had not made an appearance yet, I heard. :smile:

SQ LPP
9th October 2008, 11:26 PM
Here are the links:

New Cartoon Toys (http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2969)

Toys on SQ (http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262) :wink:

Note: I hope I did not make an innocent typo here. :)

dsim
9th October 2008, 11:39 PM
Sorry to be a bit OT. Some examples of kids activity packs from CX:

For youngsters (boy) age 7-12 ex-HKG flights:
http://www.geocities.com/b773/CXKidsPackM.jpg

For juniors (girl) age 3-6 for ex-HKG flights:
http://www.geocities.com/b773/CXKidsPackF.jpg

my son got a green cx backpack during a hk trip in 2005. a nice simple & kiddy backpack i must say, and it does not come empty :occasion14:... inside there's little crayons, pencil, sharpener, ruler, etc - all with disney characters on it. that time was mickey & pluto.

he loves it so much, that it is still around (saw it in the dining room just now :biggrin:) and he carries it on all trips. :wink:

nickbot
11th October 2008, 07:18 PM
Lunch box...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2930433521_2f1095d6de.jpg?v=0

Children's headphones and sockettes...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2931409462_52106801a4.jpg?v=0

StarG
17th October 2008, 04:29 PM
Lunch box...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2930433521_2f1095d6de.jpg?v=0

Children's headphones and sockettes...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2931409462_52106801a4.jpg?v=0

More on these on SQ website:
Singapore Airlines Introduces Cartoon Network Lunch Boxes For Junior Travellers
30 September 2008

From 1 October 2008, in conjunction with Children’s Day, Singapore Airlines will be serving children’s meals with specially designed lunch boxes adorned with highly popular characters from Cartoon Network shows such as PowerPuff Girls and Ben 10. Our junior travellers will also be able to take their lunch boxes home with them at the end of their flight.

Available on all flights with a duration of 7 hours or more, the special lunch box will contain all-time children’s favourites such as burgers, chicken nuggets and spaghetti with meatballs, which are available on Singapore Airlines children’s “Book-The-Cook” programme, Yummy. In addition, drinks will be served in an attractive, children-friendly paper cup, also dressed in Cartoon Network livery. The lunch box will be introduced on flights departing from Singapore from 1 October and for flights departing from all other destinations from 1 November.

Other junior-oriented options that will be introduced on selected flights include children-size sockettes, and, from later on in the year, colourful children-size headphones.

Children will also continue to enjoy the much-loved Cartoon Network giveaways available on all Singapore Airlines flights (with the exception of the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur vv services). The giveaways, which include activity kits and plush toys, are catered to various age groups and are regularly refreshed to provide our junior travellers with the “latest” in the market.

Further enhancing their inflight experience is the wide range of entertainment options available on the new KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines’ inflight entertainment system. This includes the specially dedicated Young Ones section, featuring Cartoon Network shows such as Ben 10, Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends, Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi and many others.

Junior flyers can also tune in to the children’s audio channel and listen to audio stories as well as the latest selection of children’s music, which include albums such as Camp Rock and The Jonas Brothers. They can also watch the most current children’s movies such as Speed Racer and Kung Fu Panda. In addition, they can enjoy one of the largest games selections in the sky, which include popular games such as Bookworm Deluxe! and Mojo Muncho.

Next: kids PJs in F? ;)

viraj735
25th June 2009, 03:42 PM
My favourite toys which were distributed by SQ was about 6/7 years ago when they used to hand out dark blue boxes which first contained a simple assembly 747 toy. They also had 777-200. I used to love those but I found them hard to assemble and often ended up with a scratch or 2 on my hands.

cnxj
8th October 2009, 06:49 PM
Any chance of my picking up 4 bears for the grandkids in coming F long-haul flights? I've been living in my ignorant adult world and had no idea the treasure behind me. I'd gladly give up those extra bottles of Ferragamo. How pitiful does one have to be?

jjpb3
8th October 2009, 10:54 PM
A warm welcome to SQTalk to you, cnxj. :smile:

No pitiful looks on your part is necessary, cnxj, if that's what you meant. The cabin crew will try their best, from my experience. But I'm not sure about 4 bears. That might depend on the demand for them from other pax, and on how many were loaded. I've received up to 2 (in J on LHR-SIN, in F on SIN-MNL).

xtramile
10th October 2009, 12:48 PM
Any chance of my picking up 4 bears for the grandkids in coming F long-haul flights? I've been living in my ignorant adult world and had no idea the treasure behind me. I'd gladly give up those extra bottles of Ferragamo. How pitiful does one have to be?

Hi cnxj, 4 is probably not a number the crew can work with. There aren't many to begin with. They'll be wondering what this passenger wants with 4 teddies.

But it helps to let them know nicely at the begining of the flight ( when they're not busy with their duties of course) that you'll really appreciate it should they have any stock left. Flights into Sin do not need to keep remaining stock and they'll be more than happy to oblige if you're bringing a few home for the grandkids. :smile:

cnxj
12th October 2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks.. (and for the welcome)... Please pardon the enthusiasm. I have enough SQ trips ahead to accommodate the brood without appearing too greedy.... given a little forethought and perhaps less attention to the beverage menu.

Great fun to discover this site.

SQADL333
12th October 2009, 10:19 PM
What Kind of Toys or Stuffed Animals do they have now on SQ.

I know what Snoopy is and remember the old Peanuts Cartoons too.It would be a dark day If they dropped those instead for Southpark Characters

WLG Base
16th October 2009, 02:59 PM
What Kind of Toys or Stuffed Animals do they have now on SQ.

I know what Snoopy is and remember the old Peanuts Cartoons too.It would be a dark day If they dropped those instead for Southpark Characters

I haven't seen Snoopy for a while.

At present:
SQ Teddy Bears with blue or white shirts.
Kids Next Door soft toys and activity packs

jammed
7th December 2009, 08:55 AM
Ben10 watch & (dont knw wat) plush toy my boy received on SQ227 SIN-MEL 26 Nov. Was also offered on rtn SQ238 but turned these down [only found time to do this now]

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2620/4171891010_0b111ace45.jpg

close up of watch, and back-face
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/4172633715_9570781bfe.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2723/4173390358_4357c7736f.jpg

flyingfox
11th December 2009, 07:22 AM
Cartoon Network is vulgar and teaches children repulsive slang terms. Has anyone actually listened in?:confused:
Serious dumbing-downage, even for cartoons.
Most of our friends won't allow their children to watch it, full stop.

I don't understand why an ASIAN airline needs to use completely western-themed cartoons. How about some cartoon characters from Japan, Taiwan, Korea?

At least Snoopy and Peanuts are child-themed.

Hello Kitty and family?
Doraemon?
Even Siao Mi Fong (yes, I'm showing my age here) would be nice!

jammed
11th December 2009, 12:17 PM
my boy - he's comin 3 - didnt bother with the toys at all, cant stir up his interest, hence we didnt take up the same offer on the return flight. Boy's more interested in a A380 model wife and i bot him sometime ago, and i thot SQ wld have been more spot-on giving - at least for boys - a model plane in SQ livery for the occasion, even a cheapo one.

agree with you on cartoon network - my boy's on Thomas, Vegetales, Bob the builder, at least for now :smile:

Pinkfloyd
11th December 2009, 12:25 PM
On SQ327 (MAN-SIN) yesterday they had the teddy bears with the SQ T-shirts as well as the Ben10 watch...

jammed
11th December 2009, 01:18 PM
c class right? we were in Y for personal holiday la :smile:

Pinkfloyd
3rd January 2010, 07:35 PM
c class right? we were in Y for personal holiday la :smile:

Sorry just saw this.... Yup was in C...

flyKL
6th January 2010, 07:09 PM
When I flew NRT-LAX with them (F) I got a teddy bear from the IFS with a blue shirt and the logo on it.. Exactly like a bear i've seen in a few TRs. :smile:

spw21
4th March 2010, 04:20 PM
Just wondering, do they still give out teddy bears (the ones which come in different shirt colours and the SQ logo in it) on their Y flights?

SQADL333
9th March 2010, 08:40 PM
They Do Give Out Bears.....The Catch is you have to buy it out of the Krisshop on the flight.

spw21
10th March 2010, 02:02 PM
They Do Give Out Bears.....The Catch is you have to buy it out of the Krisshop on the flight.Never seen it in the Krisshop mag before..Will try looking for it on my next flight. Well, I know what to buy using my Krisshop vouchers now :cool:

Dent@SUB
27th April 2010, 11:45 AM
This' what I got recently as a "substitution" for "an unavailable Teddy Bear" onboard:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85/haidi13/Amenity%20Kits/IMG_4827.jpg

dsim
27th April 2010, 12:26 PM
i wonder what does CX give out to kids on Economy now?

jammed
25th May 2010, 03:02 PM
finally got my kids this pair of bears - Duncan (my boy named it after one of Thomas' engine-fren) and Emily (you've got to ask my wife)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4638270346_6f11554444.jpg

SilverChris
25th May 2010, 10:04 PM
finally got my kids this pair of bears - Duncan (my boy named it after one of Thomas' engine-fren) and Emily (you've got to ask my wife)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4638270346_6f11554444.jpgDo you have to pay for the bears or are they free in Y?

jammed
26th May 2010, 11:05 AM
Do you have to pay for the bears or are they free in Y?

sorry shd have been clearer - i got these on SQ217 SIN-MEL, 11 May, when i was in F. No, didnt pay for them, and unfortunately too, my earlier attempts to get them in Y - including bringing my 2 yr old (and - what i believe - a very cute one, see TR (http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8675)) into the cabin have proven futile. From other SQTalkers here, seem to work only in premium, but i wld happily love to be proven wrong

bumblebee
26th May 2010, 11:49 AM
Do you have to pay for the bears or are they free in Y?

Think it's for F but you can alway try your luck. Did get them a couple of times when flying J. Can't remember if I did get any while in Y.

Kyo
26th May 2010, 01:49 PM
You can get them in J

GLAM82
15th June 2010, 02:10 PM
Got 2 bears as well flying in J. 1 on SIN-FUK and 1 on the return. But both were wearing red shirts.

The cabin crew also gave my daughter the nice infant blanket with a cute bear embossed on it when my wife commented that it was very cute.

jammed
15th February 2012, 06:17 PM
During my two C sectors last week, I asked if they have those SQ teddies to replace my kids' increasingly worn out bears, and were told, twice on different planes, that SQ no longer carry those cuties. Anyone can verify if this is true? Will be such a shame as this is abt the one thing they got right; what with all the crappy Ben10 and SpongeBob toys.

GLAM82
15th February 2012, 07:08 PM
Yes have been told that they no longer carry it. Instead they have some funny elephant aero plane crossbreed stuff toy which is very ugly.

jammed
16th February 2012, 06:16 AM
oh yes, some elephant and a pillow looking like dont-know-what. i didnt even bother to bring home to my kids, left it at my parents' place in SIN.

Sad, cos the Teddies were abt the one thing they got right with the kids. My kids dont even bother with the 'lunch boxes', Ben10 watches, and these days the colouring books and crayons are just plain patronising.

thks for confirming that tho

kapitan
4th March 2012, 08:44 AM
here are some toys given to me on my last flight....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/KapitanE/P1060942.jpg

eminere™
11th January 2014, 08:58 PM
Bump. Received these on SQ231 SIN-SYD in Suites on 11 January 2014:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/chengkx/Photo11-01-14113143PM_zpsd425e3f5.jpg

BerryFusion
14th January 2014, 05:51 AM
January 09 and January 10 / J from ZRH-SIN and SIN-MNL
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w601/BerryFusion84/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0769_zps8adc6258.jpg (http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/BerryFusion84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0769_zps8adc6258.jpg.html)

Kyo
14th January 2014, 10:34 AM
Ooh, haven't seen the red/white one before yet :)

Thanks for the upload

BerryFusion
24th January 2014, 02:23 AM
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w601/BerryFusion84/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1063_zps4871aa88.jpg (http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/BerryFusion84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1063_zps4871aa88.jpg.html)

roundorange
13th April 2014, 03:55 AM
They look so cute! May I enquire if they are still available for Suites or Business Class passengers in long haul SIA flights (e.g. LHR)?

January 09 and January 10 / J from ZRH-SIN and SIN-MNL
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w601/BerryFusion84/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0769_zps8adc6258.jpg (http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/BerryFusion84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0769_zps8adc6258.jpg.html)

9V-JKL
14th April 2014, 12:00 AM
These toys are actually meant for children travelling in premium classes on long haul. But you could always ask for it

Durian
14th April 2014, 07:04 PM
These toys are actually meant for children travelling in premium classes on long haul. But you could always ask for it
Yes they are, I got the pair on SIN-CDG then LHR-SIN in Suites/First. And I was not travelling with children :tongue:

roundorange
15th April 2014, 11:22 AM
Yes they are, I got the pair on SIN-CDG then LHR-SIN in Suites/First. And I was not travelling with children :tongue:

Woots, nice! Was it something that you had to ask very "nicely" (aka beg and rob) or something that they will part ways with upon asking? ^,^

roundorange
15th April 2014, 11:22 AM

got-it, thx!

Durian
15th April 2014, 02:24 PM
Woots, nice! Was it something that you had to ask very "nicely" (aka beg and rob) or something that they will part ways with upon asking? ^,^
Asking nicely and be polite is how I interact with people, on the ground or in the air :thumbsup:
Unless rude or intoxicated, I wouldn't expect them to turn this request down, especially when travelling in First/Suites.

In the SIN-CDG Suite flight, I also got a whole bunch of angry bird toys along with the bears, one full serving of the blue bag usually used for duty free purchases :hello2:

BerryFusion
16th April 2014, 03:05 PM

Second option ☺
Or just Tell them you're a child at heart :tongue3:

roundorange
17th April 2014, 12:20 AM
roger, will put on my best behaviour and say please :redface:

SQueeze
17th April 2014, 01:16 PM
roger, will put on my best behaviour and say please :redface:

Or you can follow my way ....

I don't ask
I usually bring my own soft toy onboard to hug when I sleep.

and ...
I get little bears when the LS took the cue of the little child in me. Haha.
Not all of them has that extra factor to go beyond SOP though.

http://imageshack.com/a/img844/1233/xsgb.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img809/166/kn9x.jpg

JWNY
25th April 2014, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone, if I am flying from Changi to Munich in J, can I get these bears? :smile:

Kyo
25th April 2014, 11:36 AM
Yes, unless there are other kids on the flight who want them more :P

JWNY
9th June 2014, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your tips previously. Just landed in MUC and made two new friends. Ro and Lex

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/jwnysg/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140608_234625_zps083e4121.jpg (http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jwnysg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140608_234625_zps083e4121.jpg.html)

andrit
9th June 2014, 05:00 PM
I got these bears in blue and red one too on my flight from SIN-LHR and SIN-SYD suite class. However on my flight from LHR- SIN I was told it's run out as they usually replenish it from the flight ex SIN. So I think the trick is try to ask for it as soon as you boarding from the flight ex SIN. I told them it's for my collection ;-) and nothin wrong if it was actually for children

andrit
18th June 2014, 08:10 PM
:-) souvenir from the F class flights
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l350/boyszone/SQ%20F%20class/image-10.jpg

BerryFusion
26th January 2017, 01:34 PM
They seem to only have the light blue bears now..
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w601/BerryFusion84/IMG_0167_zpsz8mjctiy.jpg (http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/BerryFusion84/media/IMG_0167_zpsz8mjctiy.jpg.html)