KA Business Class: CSX-HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA Business Class: CSX-HKG

It was a cold and foggy day yesterday when I departed Changsha for Hong Kong. The airport ride was uneventful and I arrived at the Huang Hua International Airport in around 45 mins. The driver dropped me off at the Domestic Terminal and I had to take the stairs down and walked to the International Terminal next door.

The International Terminal is a small one, even smaller than the Juanda Airport in Surabaya There were hordes of middle-aged Hong Kong residents who were planning to go back after their 1 week tour in the Hunan province. With only 4 check-in counters, 2 for KA and 2 for MU (strangely it was departing for Incheon), there were chaotic scenes all over the place

I had been pre-assigned 23H and there was no online check-in available for the return flight to HKG. However, one look at my boarding pass and I was moved to 36C I queried the check-in agents and they apologized for the fact that they had given my seat to an earlier passenger

They also told me that this flight was way overbooked and I could get an op-up. That made up for my disappointment in getting allocated seat that was way behind Going past the security and immigration were relatively smooth tasks. During the queue, there were some announcements that another outbound flights to Hong Kong (by HK Airline) and Macau were cancelled and this caused a little bit of worry I decided not to go to the lounge as it was a small one, with only a couple of sofas and tv.

After waiting for an hour, I was finally told that I got upgraded to Business There were 2 other passengers in J, making it 3 out of 8 seats occupied. Flight time was originally 1hr 25mins, however, we arrived in Hong Kong around 10 mins early.

The seat was pretty comfortable for a regional flight, but, no inflight entertainment for such a short flight in A320 with a 2-2 configuration. Business class passengers also received a full meal service, while economy class only received some cookies and beverage. Champagne (the good old Piper) is also served for this flight, making it slightly better than the MI service for SIN-SUB (which is longer in duration).

Overall, I was satisfied with the service of KA in Business and look forward to be onboard either in Business or First on my possible trip to Shanghai mid of next month.

Here's a pic of the seat:

Changsha Airport:

The meal:
    Last edited by YK@HKG; 30 October 2007, 11:44 PM.

Congrats, YK@HKG! And I see that you're now SL as well

Comment

Working...
    X