Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CX 74A in Business - best pair of seats for couples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX 74A in Business - best pair of seats for couples?

My grandparents are traveling to LAX on Cathay and I just noticed that their HKG-LAX segment has turned into a 74A. They're currently holding 86AC, but I made that selection for them based on the old config.

Advise on the best pair of seats for a couple on the new 74A in J would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Hi KeithMel,

I never experience the new J on the 744. But my experiences with the same type of config on A330 tell me that a couple would still be better travelling side by side (next to each other despite there is a partition in the middle) and not across from each other.

In your case, I would think that 86A and 87A would be better rather than 86A and C.

Comment

Thanks for that, UMD.
      I'll switch them to 86 and 87A. Let's hope Cathay doesn't EQP CHG back to 744 or one of them will end up behind the other!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

KeithMEL, for couples it would be best for them to occupy two A seats. The A/K seats for too far away that you have to get up for a comfortable conversation. I would recommend 81A and 82A. 81A has extra strorage on the "top" of the seat (if you know what I mean ). You are also furthest away from the galley and lavs so the noise and light won't bother you. As far as the meals are concerned, you are also served first.

Comment

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. They're now booked in 81 and 82A.

Comment

Well, my grandparents have surfaced in LA and they enjoyed the new seats. They couldn't really see each other, but were still able to have a conversation. They also found these seats more comfy in the lie flat position than any sloped J seat.

Their only complaint was the same as mine - please replace Champagne Deutz. Please CX... we're not asking for much; Billecart-Salmon (currently only on a few regional routes) would do.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 6 November 2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

It is good to know that they enjoyed their trip and their seats.

Having been on them 5 times the last month, I learn that the more I tell myself they are not SQ new seats the better I can enjoy them. I guess I am spoilt by SQ new C seats.

Comment

Working...
              X