Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Miles Earned on AMEX for payment of surcharges only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Miles Earned on AMEX for payment of surcharges only?

Need advice from those who are having either the AMEX KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card or the AMEX PPS Club Platinum Credit Card.

You earn double miles for the purchase of SQ tickets online on the SQ website for the value of the airticket and surcharges.

But if you were to redeem a roundtrip SQ ticket online through SQ website (using KrisFlyer miles), and if I choose to make payment for my surcharges using either the AMEX KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card or the AMEX PPS Club Platinum Credit Card, do I get to earn double miles on the purchase value of the surcharges only?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
    But if you were to redeem a roundtrip SQ ticket online through SQ website (using KrisFlyer miles), and if I choose to make payment for my surcharges using either the AMEX KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card or the AMEX PPS Club Platinum Credit Card, do I get to earn double miles on the purchase value of the surcharges only?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    No, because you are not purchasing a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by SQveteran View Post
      No, because you are not purchasing a ticket.
      I disagree - I think you do earn double miles for the surcharges, because the terms and conditions say that every dollar charged to the AMEX cards online earns double miles.
      Anyone else can enlighten us ?
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

With my fingers and toes firmly crossed, I provided my PPS AMEX no. for payment of surcharges for my round-trip flight redemption last month.

And looking at my online KrisFlyer statement earlier, I am pleased to announce that you do earn double miles for payment of surcharges if you pay with either AMEX KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card or the AMEX PPS Club Platinum Credit Card.

Cheers...

Comment

Working...
        X