Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easyjet to buy GB Airways; BA franchise terminated wef 30MAR2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7061246.stm
    Budget airline Easyjet has expanded further by buying UK carrier GB Airways for £103.5m ($212m).
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b?p_faqid=3028
    Flights to all GB Airways destinations will continue to operate normally with the full British Airways service up to and including 29 March 2008. Customers booked to travel up to and including this date will not be affected. Detailed information on GB Airways route network can be found below, under the 'Further information' links.

Customers holding a booking on a GB Airways flight after 30 March 2008 will be re-booked onto easyJet flights. Alternatively, they can obtain a refund.

GB Airways also has announced it will no longer operate flights from London Heathrow after 30 March 2008. Customers booked to travel from this date will be re-booked onto flights to the same destination from London Gatwick with immediate effect.
    This comes after BMED fell off the oneworld radar after the bmi takeover, and further decreases the choice of destinations available for oneworld RTWs.

I'm currently booked on GB Airways flights but thankfully before they cease being BA.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 26 October 2007, 02:31 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

That's bye bye to more TP earning opportunities, although having said that, never really saw any nice I class cheapies from them or BMED, only from Mainline.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      That's bye bye to more TP earning opportunities, although having said that, never really saw any nice I class cheapies from them or BMED, only from Mainline.
      I class (and down the back for that matter) was pretty cheap LGW-MLA until they all got snapped up. I managed to get ET seats for GBP55 return.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I never did it but SSH for 240 TPs for around £500 isn't bad for a weekend. A long way in the CE seats though...

The loss of BMED means no more GUF2 from WT to CW (although not the lie flat beds) on routes like BEY.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          I never did it but SSH for 240 TPs for around £500 isn't bad for a weekend. A long way in the CE seats though...

The loss of BMED means no more GUF2 from WT to CW (although not the lie flat beds) on routes like BEY.
          240 TP's for £500 is not bad yeah. SSH is nice too i hear. Anyway..... sorry to hijack thread - but a question for you JHM - if my BAEC year ends by say 30 Apr 2008 - and i have 240 TP's , the remaining 360 must be obtained by that date?

Comment

if my BAEC year ends by say 30 Apr 2008 - and i have 240 TP's , the remaining 360 must be obtained by that date?
            The answer seems obviously "yes" unless I'm missing some possible uncertainty ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              The answer seems obviously "yes" unless I'm missing some possible uncertainty ?
              well there's the other date - card expiry date which is several months later...

that's why i'm discombobulated

Comment

Ah! Yes, it's your membership year end date and not the card expiry date (about a month or so later to give you time to receive your new card).

Comment

Working...
                X