Very confused SKL lounge dragons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very confused SKL lounge dragons.

I am writing this from the SYD SKL F, but it took some work to get into here.

I am traveling on UA F and decided to go to the SKL rather than the RCC (easy to understand why...) or the NZ lounge (SKL is quieter, in fact I am the only one in the lounge). When I arrived at the gate, I presented my F boarding pass and my PPS card. The young dragon told me to go in but on the J side.
    I said I was traveling in F, not J and that I believed I should be granted access to the F side.

She opened a folder and only looked at the PPS story. Then as I protested more, she called on the senior dragon who went through the same folder and showed me the new rules for PPS (thanks, but I know them). She then went on to say that everything just changed... (I know that too, except it was about 6 weeks ago) and said "Do you have a UA gold card?" I said no, but that I had gold in other *A programs. She asked to see one and I pulled my LH SEN card. She then told the younger dragon to let me in. The novice dragon asked if it was to J or F. The senior dragon said: "To the F. He's traveling F and has *A gold."

So their new understanding is that a F *A boarding pass is not enough anymore.
    Well, either they are totally confused or I am. I tend to be a bit cocky and will say they are!
    Anybody got a reference to what the real rules are now?
    Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 23 October 2007, 11:08 AM.

You should definitely have access to the F lounge based on:

Lounge Access for International First Class: Customers who present an International First Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have lounge access. They and one guest, are welcome to visit first class lounges or any other members' departure lounges when departing on a Star Alliance flight. Note: AC, BD, OS and SK do not have international first class service.

Comment

Should have just shown them the F boarding pass. The PPS card was irrelevant and can only add to confusion.

Comment

definetly sounds like Australia...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
          The senior dragon said: "To the F. He's traveling F and has *A gold."

So their new understanding is that a F *A boarding pass is not enough anymore.
          ... and also that *A gold with a SQ PPS card is inferior to *A gold with another *A FFP!

Comment

The dragons at the SYD SKL are miserable sods anyway. I've heard them turn UA F pax away before saying the lounge was full when it was nowhere near.

Comment

You must have missed me - I was in the SKL F SYD this morning too, from about 0930-1100 local

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                You must have missed me - I was in the SKL F SYD this morning too, from about 0930-1100 local
                I must have missed you indeed. I was there early afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                X