Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The troops shore up for the transatlantic war...BA/AA revisited

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

BRITISH Airways is looking at merger opportunities that could create a transatlantic super-carrier in response to a plan by Delta and Air France to shake up this lucrative market.

Aviation sources believe BA is in talks with Sir Michael Bishop, controlling shareholder of British Midland Airways, to buy the carrier.

BA is also believed to be considering a renewed attempt to merge with American Airlines, despite two previous approaches being struck down by competition regulators.

If BA were then to merge with American Airlines, it would control about 66 per cent of the Heathrow to US trade, with the opportunity to offer many more flights. It would also have access to an extensive regional network in North America.

A BA spokesman said: "We have never said we are in talks with British Midland. American is already a One World partner and in the long term we would like a closer relationship with them."
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I think its good to see that airlines have initiated the seventh freedom right once again. Good luck to the airlines, Wonder if LH will tag along as well from other European cities ?

Comment

Working...
    X