• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transatlantic war begins

BA announces CDG-JFK while AF goes LHR-LAX

http://www.aerocontact.com/news/ac_n...t.php?ID=05234

Hooray, Open Skies Agreement.

(Belated thanks to Greatfox for working on that emoticon.)
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The US-EU Openskies Agreement will take effect next year on the 30th of march 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        The US-EU Openskies Agreement will take effect next year on the 30th of march 2008.
        Which is fully consistent with the announced flights' start dates, no?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Which is fully consistent with the announced flights' start dates, no?
          Indeed it is.

Remember LHR remains very slot restricted and new slots will be allocated to the slot-"pool" as compared to CDG. The Transatlantic Open Skies agreement only applies between the US and EU members only.

Comment

Remember LHR remains very slot restricted and new slots will be allocated to the slot-"pool" as compared to CDG. The Transatlantic Open Skies agreement only applies between the US and EU members only.
            While they are true, your factoids are funny when viewed in the context of the thread.

I can't seem to connect them with the point of the thread, which is that we now have the first examples of the OSA opening up new options for consumers flying between the US and the EU (of which both the UK and France are members), even at the famously slot-restricted LHR.

Ah well, then again, it could just be my cold playing havoc with my neurons today.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              While they are true, your factoids are funny when viewed in the context of the thread.

I can't seem to connect them with the point of the thread, which is that we now have the first examples of the OSA opening up new options for consumers flying between the US and the EU (of which both the UK and France are members), even at the famously slot-restricted LHR.

Ah well, then again, it could just be my cold playing havoc with my neurons today.
              JJPB3, you're right indeed, I do have a cold also..

What i was trying to convey the fact that BA is possibly trying to pick-up some traffic at french airports as well. As AF's intention to do the same thing at LHR. BA intends to utilize the 757 for the flightleg CDG-JFK, is something that's not quite clear to me, while AF probably will use the 77W. BA might be serving JFK a la Private Air.
              Last edited by Tim; 18 October 2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

JJPB3, you're right indeed, I do have a cold also..

What i was trying to convey the fact that BA is possibly trying to pick-up some traffic at french airports as well. As AF's intention to do the same thing at LHR. BA intends to utilize the 757 for the flightleg CDG-JFK, is something that's not quite clear to me, while AF probably will use the 77W. BA might be serving JFK a la Private Air.
                BA's "Project Lauren" to serve European cities from JFK with B757s is to pick up BA Frequent Flyers who maybe want a direct service to the continent. It is a niche product. Air France is to serve LHR-LAX becuase Skyteam plan to serve a certain number of destinations from Heathrow when open skies starts, & simply Air France was selected. There was a diagram, but I can't find it...

Still, who would fly Air France over BA/Virgin etc. if the price is the same?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                  Still, who would fly Air France over BA/Virgin etc. if the price is the same?
                  not me
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
                  X