X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA and UL incident at LHR

Two Airplanes Taxiing on Runway Collide at London's Heathrow
    By Shelley Smith

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Two aircraft taxiing on a runway at London's Heathrow Airport collided, said Phil Groves, a spokesman for airport operator BAA Ltd.

``Heathrow Airport can confirm that two aircraft were involved in an incident on the ground earlier this evening,'' he told Bloomberg News. ``There are no reported injuries, and passengers are in the process of being offloaded from the aircraft.''

British Airways Plc spokesman Patrick Spink confirmed in a phone interview that one of the planes was the company's flight BA011 heading to Singapore. The collision occurred at about 10:30 p.m. U.K. time last night, and there were 328 passengers aboard the Boeing Co. 747, he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...oow&refer=home

Hmmm, I guess these things just happen. Heathrow is a crowded airport, hopefully things like this can be reduced with the opening of T5. But I wonder, maybe the passengers on BA011 took their delay time to rethink about what airline to choose to fly to SIN.......
    Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Originally posted by sqforever View Post
      But I wonder, maybe the passengers on BA011 took their delay time to rethink about what airline to choose to fly to SIN.......
      I myself am tossing up between BA12 and QF009 for SIN-LHR. Am monitoring flightstats at the moment as I really need to arrive in LHR punctually which would mean flying BA12 (which I'm now booked on) but yet prefer QF for this sector otherwise... Beauty of an xONEx is I can change at any time with no penalty nor need for reissuing, pending availability.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

yes Heathrow is very crowded everyday and only 2 runways - and incidents can happen - but even in Changi about 2 mths back during off-peak around 1am when 2 SQ 772s clipped their wings.

Comment

Images to be found at

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-heathrow.html

Comment

Working...
          X