Question regarding UA MP 1K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding UA MP 1K

I know some of you have good knowledge about UA Mileage Plus. Hope I will get the answer here.
    I have about 111,000 elite miles so far in my UA MP. Thus, I have requalified as 1K for another year. I know there will be an Elite Choice at 125,000 EQMs level, as well as another bonus for 150,000 EQMs level (I think this one is 2 system-wide-upgrades).
    I also have about 57,000 elite miles on NW. I need another 18,000 EQMs to reach NW Platinum.
    I will not travel that much till the end of the year. But will do couple of North America travels. So the question is basically should I fly on UA to get the add-on benefits, or should I go for NW Platinum?
    Your comments are appreciated.
    Cheers!

This one is for the resident 1Kexpert Cawhite

Comment

The good thing about NW PE is the extra award availability and no fees for canceling awards, so you can actually use the miles you've built up. Personally, I would go for PE vs 2 extra UA SWUs. Skyteam carriers also have some pretty good Z fares to Europe over Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I would go for one trip there rather than domestic flying to get the EQMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        The good thing about NW PE is the extra award availability and no fees for canceling awards, so you can actually use the miles you've built up. Personally, I would go for PE vs 2 extra UA SWUs. Skyteam carriers also have some pretty good Z fares to Europe over Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I would go for one trip there rather than domestic flying to get the EQMs.
        PE needs 125K EQMs? Do you have the link for the Z fares?
        And I still need to take the domestic to catch my flight ex-NYC to Europe.

Comment

Elite Choices

Rather than starting a new thread, since this is realted to UA 1K status, I post this here.

What will you choose from these choices?

Please visit www.2007elitechoice.com now to choose one of the following rewards:
          • 30 chances to win our Sights and Sounds of Beijing Sweepstakes, Courtesy of United Vacations®
          • Two Confirmed Regional Upgrades
          • Double flight miles in August 2008
          • Carry forward 2,500 EQM/2.5 EQS into 2008
          • Save up to $800 on China, Japan, Singapore and other Asia packages from United Vacations®
          Plus, you also have the opportunity to nominate a friend to Premier® status.
          Double miles in August 2008? Or carry forward EQM?

Comment

As UA miles are becoming more and more useless on carriers other than UA, I'd opt for the EQM/EQS.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              As UA miles are becoming more and more useless on carriers other than UA, ...
              I don't agree with you in reference to the usage of UA miles. I must have been fortunate enough, or I have more flexible schedule which allow me to redeem many times using UA miles for SQ flights.

Comment

You'll have to give me some tips...
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  I don't agree with you in reference to the usage of UA miles. I must have been fortunate enough, or I have more flexible schedule which allow me to redeem many times using UA miles for SQ flights.
                  Like you, I've had very little problem using my UA miles (either on UA or other *A metal). As for your decision, I'd say it depends on what you think your travel patterns will be for 2008. Do you think there's a chance you might need those extra EQMs to reach a particular milestone, or would you be better served by choosing the double RDMs in August, or perhaps the two CR1 certificates?

Comment

I've found that it is very easy to redeem UA miles on SQ for most flights within Asia in any class of service. Lots of availability.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                      Like you, I've had very little problem using my UA miles (either on UA or other *A metal). As for your decision, I'd say it depends on what you think your travel patterns will be for 2008. Do you think there's a chance you might need those extra EQMs to reach a particular milestone, or would you be better served by choosing the double RDMs in August, or perhaps the two CR1 certificates?
                      I had made the choice. Double redeemable miles in August. Hopefully I can travel more in the moth of August!
                      For the complimentary UA Premier (2P), I nominated a special friend.

Comment

Double miles is good if you plan to take at least one long international trip in August.

I usually take the CR1's because I can always trade or give them away.

Comment

Working...
                        X