Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anaheim hotel - need recommendations

Hi,

I am going to Los Angeles with my wife and two small kids early January 08.
    Planning to go straight form LAX to a hotel in Anaheim.

Can anyone recommend a hotel at Anaheim ?
    I just need a basic/comfortable hotel, suitable for families, preferably near Disneyland and with transfers (not renting a car first few days). My budget is up to US$150/night.
    Also, how can I get to the hotel ? Something like Super Shuttle ? Cab would be too expensive right ?

Thanks in advance !
    J. my own dear wife J.

Just directly across the road from the park is Best Western Park Place Inn with Tropicana Inn and Best Western Anaheim Inn to the left and right of Park Place Inn respectively (If I remember correctly).

Should not take more than 10 minutes to be inside the park from either of the three hotels. Tropicana and Park Place provided breakfast the previous time I was there.

Getting from LAX to the hotels should cost about US$88 for a whole van or US$60 (for 4) for a shared van. You can try either Prime Time Shuttle or SuperShuttle.

Hope this helps! Have a nice trip!
    Last edited by wdranne; 3 October 2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
      Hi,

I just need a basic/comfortable hotel, suitable for families, preferably near Disneyland and with transfers (not renting a car first few days). My budget is up to US$150/night.
      Also, how can I get to the hotel ? Something like Super Shuttle ? Cab would be too expensive right ?

Thanks in advance !
      For this area I would highly recommend using Priceline name your own price.. We stayed there at the Hyatt and Marriott for around 40USD a night. This was early Jan 06, hard to beat at that price..

I recommend checking out www.biddingfortravel.com for priceline rates etc... Feel free to ask me though as I have a few tips for this...

Comment

Thanks for the replies !

wdranne : great - those hotels are exactly what I am looking for. SuperShuttle and Prime Time shuttles' websites recommend pre-booking their services - should I do that or can I wait till I arrive at LAX (on SQ38 arrive 4.15pm) ?

simong - that's an interesting alternative - I've read about biddingfortravel.com and that there are ways to "predict" which hotels or at least vicinity you can get, and the "correct" price to bid. There's also a trick to kind of circumvent the lock-out period after a failed bid right ?
        Thanks again - I'll go do my research on this and will PM you if I need tips.
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks for the replies !

wdranne : great - those hotels are exactly what I am looking for. SuperShuttle and Prime Time shuttles' websites recommend pre-booking their services - should I do that or can I wait till I arrive at LAX (on SQ38 arrive 4.15pm) ?

simong - that's an interesting alternative - I've read about biddingfortravel.com and that there are ways to "predict" which hotels or at least vicinity you can get, and the "correct" price to bid. There's also a trick to kind of circumvent the lock-out period after a failed bid right ?
          Thanks again - I'll go do my research on this and will PM you if I need tips.
          If I remember correctly, upon exiting Tom Bradley International there is an outer island at the pick-up area. You can approach the staff of Prime Time wearing red t-shirts and they will call for a van, provided there is vacancy for the shared van headed for Anaheim. There would be a long wait if you decide on not having a confirmed booking.

So, it is much recommended to book before hand online, and may I suggest Prime Time over SuperShuttle as I have rather bad experiences with SuperShuttle drivers, but that was in San Francisco, so it may be different down in LA.
          Last edited by wdranne; 3 October 2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

We usually end up getting a one bedroom suite from a chain like Marriott's Residence Inn. It allows us to put the kids to bed, close the door, and relax in the living room - without having to go to bed early also. There's a Residence Inn within walking distance from the park which served us well. Having a full kitchen worked out nice too, eating out gets old real quick with two small kids.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...heim-maingate/

Can't answer your transportation question as we usually rent a car at the airport itself.

Comment

Ok, thanks again for all that everyone - very useful info.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I've stayed at the Hyatt at Anaheim in 06. Convenient shuttle bus to and fro Disneyland, so not an issue. Pretty convenient with Denny's and a drugstore nearby. But parking there was like $16 a day, if you're not driving, should be alright. Be prepared for about a 40 min trip at least on the 405 (smooth driving condition).

I second Priceline Name your own price as what simong suggested. I got a corner room for about $60, which was really cheap considering I booked 2 weeks out in the summer.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks in advance !
                  Bro,

I just got back from there...my recommendation is to stay in Wydham Fullerton in orange county..they have hourly shuttle bus to Disneyland and surrounding the hotel there is many dining area, fast foods, mini marts...etc including target (grocery mall)

Enjoy your trip there especailly in California Adventure Park...try out "The Twilight Zone" ride...

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                  X