Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One from the archives: SQFG goes Baoshan-Kunming on China Yunnan Airlines

Dedicated to JHM

I do this trip fairly often. Not exactly the best place in the world, and I usually stay at the "Four Seasons of Baoshan" - the Lan Du hotel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoshan

Anyway, we used to drive through the mountains for hours in the past till someone kindly decided to start flights between Kunming and Baoshan.

Crucially though: the Extra 40 or so minute flight time pushed the total trip flight time to over 5 hours, meaning we could fly J into KMG at the very least!

Here are some pics of one trip I took, aboard a China Yunnan Airlines CRJ, sold as a MU (China Eastern) flight number, from Baoshan back to KMG.

Nice looking control tower for the size of this airport (Baoshan)

Tarmac Area with nicely manicured gardens

Some top government official rode in on this no doubt

B-3019 awaiting a pax load

The VIP lounge - note this isn't an airline J/Top tier lounge - it's a lounge reserved for distinguished guests of the Yunnan Government. So, i feel a little distinguished now

part 2 to come
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 30 December 2007, 09:56 PM.

Boarding our ickle tiny jet

Rather odd chap who insisted on just standing there on the tarmac. He didn't move for well over 15 minutes, and only left his spot after we had begun to taxi. Didn't serve any noticeable function that I could see anyway!

Not quite Suites Class seats, but quite comfy. As with most CRJ's in cold and humid weather, lots of cold mist at startup.

Last edited by SQflyergirl; 30 December 2007, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Arrival into KMG - a much bigger and better equipped airport

Closeup shots of B-3019

No meals or drinks though - so it was fairly basic, with nothing much else to note except punctuality - we left 35 minutes EARLY!

And finally - a pic for JHM to mull over before a visit to KMG

Expect this, and worse. Over 1000 new car registrations are performed DAILY in Kunming city alone
      Last edited by SQflyergirl; 30 December 2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Heehee, ok, this time I AM the first to respond. (Where's KeithMEL? ) Nice report, SQflyergirl! And I like your plane! Can I have it as a souvenir?
        My Cafe Adventures
        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Many thanks, SQflyergirl! I love the pics - wish I was back in Yunnan!

I flew PEK-KMG-Lijiang/Zhongdian-KMG-PEK last year on HU and MU in Y. Great fun! I didn't get the special VIP treatment which you and your entourage seem to have got though, e.g. the two girls and the guy waiting by the steps of the plane it seems to wave you off!

Comment

Nice pics.....just wondering why u get to travel to these exotic places

Comment

Another set of cool pics.

Thanks for traveling to all these exotic locations so that I don't have to do it myself.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Excellent stuff.

That VIP lounge reminds me of the one in Haiphong that I have visited a few times and probably will again later this month. The main difference being I have sometimes been the only one in it.

It also reminds me that I must get my act together and work dig out some of the pictures I have taken over the last few years...

Comment

Working...
                X