Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many miles do you actually need to Elite Gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles do you actually need to Elite Gold?

A friend of mine recently qualified for KF Elite Silver. However, he found that he now has to clock in a further 50000 miles to get Gold. So, in theory, does that mean that you need 75000 miles to achieve KF Gold?! I am sure I haven't done my math wrong.

Just 50,000 miles from a standing start.

When you reach 25,000 miles, your counter officially restarts, and so does your membership year. So you have a full year to get the 50,000 miles for EG qualification. This is what your friend sees.

However, the old counter (the one that started counting at the start of the original membership year) isn't quite wiped clean. It still remembers that you already have 25,000 banked. If you get another 25,000 within the 12 months from your original start date, you'll get EG, and then your counter and membership year re-start.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks jjpb3! It wasn't very clear from the on-line statement. Now I guess he just needs to figure out when his original year actually started so that he can plan his trips properly.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
        A friend of mine recently qualified for KF Elite Silver. However, he found that he now has to clock in a further 50000 miles to get Gold. So, in theory, does that mean that you need 75000 miles to achieve KF Gold?! I am sure I haven't done my math wrong.
        Hi LHR,

Just a make it simple.

ie you or your friend joined at October 06, so your qualification date will end 30/9/07

let say you you hit the 25K Elite miles 8/07 then you left with 1 month to hit the balance of 25K (Total 50K ELITE miles)

Or the other scenario is that you hit your 25K in Dec 06 then you will got 10 months to hit the balance.

ie I join 1/5/07
        Qualification Miles
        KrisFlyer Elite Silver & Elite Gold

Current Elite Miles xxxxx
        Miles required for KrisFlyer Elite Gold requalification
        xxxxx by 30 Apr 2008

Hope the above is correct.

Comment

Thanks jjp3 & yauee!

I had the exact same query - just need a small clarification: Does the first window (ie from the time of enrollment) end exactly 12 months after enrolling or does it end on the last day of the previous month?

I enrolled on 31st Jan '07 & hit silver in August '07. Now I have to either clock another 50K miles by August '08 or before the end of the first year. Is that 31st Dec '07 of 30th Jan '08? (have a trip lined up in January, - so hoping that I get the extra 30 days!)

Thanks a tonne!!

As an aside, any ideas on a cheap n quick MR out of HKG <sigh and I didn't realize till very recently that SQ silver earns 25% bonus onky on SQ/VS/MI and not the entire *A >

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by cryptic_ss View Post
            I enrolled on 31st Jan '07 & hit silver in August '07. Now I have to either clock another 50K miles by August '08 or before the end of the first year. Is that 31st Dec '07 of 30th Jan '08? (have a trip lined up in January, - so hoping that I get the extra 30 days!)
            The end of your first year is 30 Jan 08.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

ahh nice

Comment

I will certainly lose my Gold status by end of January next week since I have almost completely switched my flights to OneWorld airlines, except for trips to SIN, in which I still use SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                  I will certainly lose my Gold status by end of January next week since I have almost completely switched my flights to OneWorld airlines, except for trips to SIN, in which I still use SQ.
                  I don't see why you aren't taking OneWorld Airlines to SIN to make the complete switch.

Comment

This should be a sticky topic. I'm surprised that SQ didn't have a clear explanation on this. Almost every new KF members had the same query!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                      This should be a sticky topic. I'm surprised that SQ didn't have a clear explanation on this. Almost every new KF members had the same query!
                      I think you need 50,000 miles AFTER silver qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                        I think you need 50,000 miles AFTER silver qualification.
                        Not if it's your first year of membership.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptic_ss View Post
                          Thanks jjp3 & yauee!

Thanks a tonne!!

Cheers!
                          Maybe me my earlier post doesnt make things clear.

you joint 31st of Jan 07 the it should be end 30/1/08

let's say u got you Silver (25k miles in jan-aug 07) you manage to get another 25K by the date of 30/1/08 you will qualify for the GOLD. is that clear?

Lets say you cannot hit the 25K from august 07 to 30/1/08 then too bad

You will need to start again 31/1/08-30/01/09 50K miles.

is that clear? this is the BEST way that i can explain to your situation

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                            I don't see why you aren't taking OneWorld Airlines to SIN to make the complete switch.
                            Pricewise, SQ tends to be more competitive for its ex-HKG route. Mileage accruing fares for CX are more expensive!

Comment

yup yauee - crystal clear

Thanks folks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X