Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ lounge access at SIN?

Hey,

Im still a newbie her so i thought id ask a newbie question!

I have a 6 hour stop over in SIN on my way to HKG from MEL. My friend said i should just go to the SQ lounge. But i dont know how SQ lounges work! I am only a basic Krisflyer member, all i have is the standard blue card. Would this get me into the lounges? Or do i have to pay extra to upgrade my membership or something?

How does it work?

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure how the SQ lounge works either. However, if you are not able to use to SQ lounge, you might consider using the Plaza Premium Lounge (T2 South Level 3) or the Rainforest Lounge (T1 West Level 3). Both require you to pay a small fee to use the facilities.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ77WMEL View Post
      I am only a basic Krisflyer member, all i have is the standard blue card. Would this get me into the lounges? Or do i have to pay extra to upgrade my membership or something?
      Assuming you're travelling in economy, your standard blue KrisFlyer card won't get you into the SQ lounge (called the Silver Kris Lounge ("SKL")). You can't pay to upgrade your KrisFlyer membership nor can you pay to enter the SKL.

However, you can pay to enter the lounges which nykelaz mentions above. It's inexpensive and you can get a shower, sit down, free soft drinks etc.

You may also want to check out the other facilities available at Changi airport, e.g. the free city tour for transit passengers like yourself:

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...__transit.html

Hope this helps!
      Last edited by jhm; 1 October 2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks jhm!

Thats what i thought, you had to be of a certain level to get access. Thats alright. Yeah ive checked out the lounges and hotels, i think il stay there for a while! rest my feet and stretch!

Thanks guys

Comment

6 hours connection time in SIN has plenty options to do. Well depending what time is the connection time. If it's a middle of the night, you might prefer to sleep. But during the day or evening, you have enough time to go to the city. Walk around. Window shopping. Eat.

Comment

Another option would be the well-organized free city tours, offered by the Singapore Tourist Board, for layover of over 5 hours. They tend to fill out quickly, so your chances would be better if you can sign up earlier in the day.

Comment

Im on the flight from MEL thats a 77W and leaves at midnight.... gets into SIN at 5amish if my memory serves me right, then the connecting flight is a 77W flight thats around 11amish. I forget! Basically il be there in the morning anyways so i not really looking to sleep!

I like the idea of the tour though, i checked it out on the net, looks cool. Has anybody done it?

Comment

Can a Solitaire member flying LH in C use the SIN SKL? F side or C side?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  Can a Solitaire member flying LH in C use the SIN SKL? F side or C side?
                  If i am not wrong, you would only be able to access the *G lounge and not SKL.

"As a Solitaire PPS Club member, you can unwind in the First Class area of the Singapore Airlines SilverKris
                  Lounge – regardless of your chosen class of travel on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    I'm sure a Solitaire can use the SKL F as long as they are flying *A. It used to be on allowed on any airline but was reduced to *A only, I think !.

With all the changes recently I'm beginning to lose track of all this myself.

Comment

As of September 1, 2007, Solitaire gains access to SKL F only if flies SQ or MI. When Solitaire flies *A partner, the *A rule applies. Thus, flying LH in C class, the OP will gain access to SKL J side based on the LH C BP.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I'm sure a Solitaire can use the SKL F as long as they are flying *A. It used to be on allowed on any airline but was reduced to *A only, I think !.

With all the changes recently I'm beginning to lose track of all this myself.
                        Forgot to mention that I extracted the quote from the PPS Club membership guide effective 1st Sep 07.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          As of September 1, 2007, Solitaire gains access to SKL F only if flies SQ or MI. When Solitaire flies *A partner, the *A rule applies. Thus, flying LH in C class, the OP will gain access to SKL J side based on the LH C BP.
                          Forgot to mention that I extracted the quote from the PPS Club membership guide effective 1st Sep 07.
                          Thanks chaps, I stand corrected.

I should have realised that allowing TPP's to use the lounge when on another *A carrier would be an additional cost, and with times as hard as they are at SQ they can't have that for their top tier frequent flyers in the new 'more exclusive' Penny Pinching Service....

Comment

Thanks everyone. I can only hope that by the time I fly LH, perhaps T3 will be open and the lounge situation will be better.

Comment

Originally Posted by zvezda Can a Solitaire member flying LH in C use the SIN SKL? F side or C side?
                              LH C & F pax have access to the SKL C & F lounges respectively. No FFP status is required as SKL is the designated lounge for LH, so you do not have to 'slum it' in the *G lounge.

Comment

Working...
                              X